Search This Blog

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Yesterday's Unexpected Fun, Dining Out with New Friends

Hi, everyone! How are we all doing this weekend? I bet some of you are engaging in meaningful activities outdoor today. Others are probably in the mall shopping or just enjoying the hustle and bustle of a major city where you live. And to/for some of you, you're possibly vacationing, in a cruise, or just relaxing in your hotel, or walking along the seashore with your beloved. Still some of you are practically doing your business, attending to customers when you're in retail or marketing, or working at home fixing this or that, or just doing nothing but resting, reading a book or newspaper, or watching TV or a movie, and/or listening to your favorite music, or playing games (video or outdoor) with your friend/s. Anyway, what matters is that we're alive and well, and living, and enjoying, life in the present moment. Thank God.

Frankly, my dear folks and friends, I'm kind of tired, and don't  feel like going out today, a lazy Saturday as you may call it. This early morning, while still in bed, I heard the falling rain. Yes, it rained and I'm glad and thankful that it did. Our plants and trees need it. They're thirsty, I know, because the past days have been so warm and sunshiny over here in Hampton Roads. Contrast it today, in which the weather is a little cooler, somewhat cloudy or "shady." Will it be a rainy Saturday today? I don't know. Only God knows.

This morning, too, I heard some birds chirping around, especially in my backyard. Not too long ago, while I was out there by our wooden deck, in our backyard, when it stopped drizzling, I saw a fast-hopping baby rabbit on the ground. But in a few seconds, the small rabbit quickly disappeared from view. That was kind of swift! Man, it was like a flash of light and it's gone! I told Freny about it. She said she has seen it, too, on several occasions, especially when she was mowing the backyard.

Yesterday, a gorgeous, lovely Friday,while listening to the music of Jessica Sanchez via her new CD album Me, You & the Music, I was taking pictures and writing my blog post "Just Chillin' Out..." and enjoying the sights and sounds of outdoor from my backyard, in the afternoon at about four-thirty. Then my wife Freny arrived with her sister Rose, and new friends Bob and his wife Carm, and their friend Roger who eventually invited or treated us to a dinner out, unexpectedly, last night.

At Golden Corral, we had a good time together, with lively conversation and sumptuous dinner buffet...Man, what a blast! We had a wonderful time! Bob and I laughed our guts out as our wives joined in the fun! (We can relate to each other because we're both US Navy retired, and have health/medical issues.) On the other hand, we just didn't mind the two, Rose and Roger, who were also busy talking to each other. No, we didn't have a special reason to celebrate but our just being together that moment, enjoying each others' company, and forging new friendships, I believe. That's all. Gladly and thankfully, I brought with me my camera. So, my dear folks and friends, check out the photos below. You might know or be familiar with someone in the pictures.








                                          Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa
As the night went on, Freny received a call from our daughter Tintin informing us that the latter has arrived in our area from D-ville. Fyi, she comes home every other weekend because of her commitment as a paid pianist, playing for Sunday church worship-service, in one of the churches in a neighboring city.) The former told the latter that we're dining out at Golden Corral and, hence, invited the latter to just come join us. That's what Tintin did. At that time we were almost done eating, just having the last course or dessert. Anyway, our new friends were eager to meet Tintin. While busy with our animated conversation, while Tintin was trying to eat her dinner, we continued enjoying our ice cream, fruits, and cakes and/or crunchy chocolate cookies.

Btw, I forgot to take photo of Tintin with us last night at Golden Corral. Anyway, here's a couple of photos that I just took today, at home, starring comical and silly Tintin...(She just left a few minutes ago, this afternoon, to attend a college graduation party of one of her friends here in Hampton Roads.) Anyway, I thank you, my dear folks and friends, and hope you enjoyed and got entertained.




Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa
Until next time around. Take care and have a wonderful weekend, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless and keep us all safe from harm!"-chris a. quilpa, 18 May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment