Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Chillin' Out in D-ville

Hello from D-ville! How are we all doing in this wonderful day, Tuesday? Thank God, we're alive, doing well and taking a break away from home.

 In other words, Tintin is having the unit, with two bedrooms and one full bathroom, all by herself. She said she hasn't decided whether she's going to have another apartment mate or not. Days ago, I overheard her saying that she likes the idea of having a new one or another to help split or share with the rent and other bills. As her Dad, I told her, "that's up to you to decide for yourself what you want to do." But I cautioned her that if she does so decide to get one, she has to make sure that such co-renter is financially responsible. That's all.

In the afternoon, we dined out at Cici's Pizza. (Fact is, we haven't been to any Cici's for a while. We usually go to that one in Newport News.) We had a great time there, enjoyed their salad bar and varaties of pizza, and country music played at that time on their TV set visibly mounted high (about ten feet tall) on the wall. Btw, I did take photos, too, while we were dining there.

After dinner, we visited the city's public library where I imported/uploaded the photos taken at Cici's. Then, I did share them to our Facebook friends. Here are a couple of selected photos that I'm embedding here on my blog post. Enjoy!

How's the weather in D-ville and neighboring city/county? It's mild, but kind of drizzly. No sunshine today. It's forcasted to rain this afternoon, with isolated thunderstorm. Well, rain shower is cool, for me. I don't mind it at all. Let it be, Lord! Thank you for having such a calm, laid back day.

Apparently, today is kind of lazy day at the apartment...Doing a little cleaning and dusting here and there for daughter Tintin. Just basically chillin' out and listening to music while doing simple breakfast cooking this morning. Tintin helped me prepare and set up the table, while Freny was still in bed, asleep. Once the table's ready,Tintin went in to our room and woke Freny up. Then, of course, we ate our home-made breakfast of scrambled eggs and oatmeal with coconut milk, and left-over strawberry from last night's snack. (Last night, I did replace a couple of light bulbs in the restroom and in the kitchen-living room area.) But, of course, we prayed before and after eating.

At this time, about 9 a.m., as I started writing this blog post initially on my laptop to my "notebook," Tintin and Freny set the dishwasher for dirty or used utensils, kitchen wares like cups and plates. Our plan, after dishwashing and Freny's laundry, is that we might go out this afternoon to buy some other stuff for Tintin's apartment. Btw, this is her second year here in the apartment. Another thing that I have in mind, since we're here in D-ville again, is to someday go on a road trip or visit the neighboring state, North Carolina, which takes less than an hour to reach the other state border. And since Tintin was asking about how to cook chicken "adobo" while we were having breakfast (she was jotting down the ingredients as I was enumerating them and telling her what to do), we'll probably cook that Filipino dish I just mentioned about. Actually, I have showed her years ago how to cook "adobo," but it differs when she's the one doing the cooking herself, so she'll learn. Learning by doing, as they say. In this connection, a week or two ago, my son Andrew called me, asking me how to cook chicken "adobo." But, of course, I told him how, via phone. Outcome of his efforts? He thought it came out good, he said later. Btw, he works in The Capital but lives in The Land of Mary, with his fellow housemates; they're renting a single family house there.  

Well, this is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Thanks for your time. Until next time around. Take care and have a wonderful day, everyone. As always, I pray, "May God bless us and keep us all safe from harm!"-chris a. quilpa, 18 June 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment