Search This Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sam Tsui and Kurt Schneider

Good Thursday, everyone! Thank God, we're alive and well. How's it going? Hope you're doing great.

(FYI: I'm on YouTube, listening to a playlist of Sam Tsui and Kurt Schneider, while writing this blog post.)
What does the title of this blog post suggest? What do the two have in common? Lots, actually. Heard about them, btw? I'm humming right now. And feeling like I want to sing, too.

Music, they say, is the language of the soul. It's true that it does help make the world go round and round. I wonder, what kind of world are we living in without it?  A boring world, maybe? To me, music is an intrinsic part of ourselves. Since we're born, we have made and heard music...Our cry when we came out of the womb of our mothers, isn't that music to the ear? Lullabies sung by our Mom and/or Dad are lovely, soothing music. A relief. A panacea. That's Music, to me. Good music eases pain, makes life worth-living, and love beautiful and wonderful. I don't know if you agree with me but Music makes you feel young, at heart! I do feel that way, you know. I enjoy listening to good music. But, of course, there are types of music and genres that may not click on the rest of us. Or not suitable to our hearing and liking, you know. It's just a matter of taste, as they say.

A couple of days ago, while surfing on the Net, particularly on YouTube, I happened to watch and listen to a  video of the two. And I kinda like what I'm listening that I want to listen more, and know more about them. That's where my curiosity kicks in. I, therefore, did a little research about them, while I continued listening to them, especially Sam vocally performing incredibly amazing! (Thanks to Wikipedia...so accessible and very helpful as far as bank of information is concerned.) Wow, I can't believe what I just read about the two.They seem to like, or I would say love or enjoy, what they're doing. Certainly they do. A lot. All I can say is they're both amazing. They're a YouTube sensation, like others who are talented. Yes, they're so musically talented!

Both are 24 years old, Magna Cum Laude graduates of Yale (Sam, in 2011, with a major in classical Greek studies; Kurt, in 2010, with a degree in Mathematics). Grew up in Pennsylvania, they're both YouTube singer-musicians, doing mostly covers of more popular/famous singer-artists like Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Lady Gaga, Adele, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Maroon 5 to name a few. They both collaborate musically, with other fellow singer-musicians like Alex Goot, Christina Grimmie, Victoria Justice, Max Schneider. Btw, Kurt and Max are not brothers, I just learned. I thought at first they're brothers but when I watched one of Kurt's videos he revealed that they're not brothers, though same family name.

On the other hand, Sam does most of the singing while Kurt playing the instrument/s and producing and directing music videos/films, the ones we see on YouTube, although the latter sings beautifully, too. They both have appeared in major TV shows, i.e., Oprah Winfrey Show, Ellen De Generes Show. Per Sam's bio on Wikipedia, the duo has finally come up this year 2013 with Sam's debut album, Make it Up, all original songs, and produced by Kurt. Both have their own YouTube channels. Sam has TheSamTsui and Kurt, KurtHugoSchneider. Do check them out, folks and friends, and see for yourselves what I'm talking about. You'll be surprised at their million and millions of subscribers, and viewers like myself. (Disclaimer: No copyright infringement intended, for the YouTube videos I embedded in my blog post. Thanks YouTube and the uploader/s of the videos here.)

Well, let's enjoy the artistry and musicality of these two young and talented singer-musicians, and their friends, on YouTube. They're truly amazing and talented. They've work so hard to share their talent to the world. So, I say, Thank You, Sam and Kurt, for your talents and gifts of music. Kudos and more power to you. May God bless you and your families!

This is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Thanks for your time. Until next time around. Take care and have a wonderful day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us and keep us safe from harm always!"-chris a quilpa, 13 June 2013
P.S. Here are photos of the two that I just took today while watching/listening to their videos on YouTube.





                                         Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

No comments:

Post a Comment