Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday Fish-Fries @Captain D's

Good day, everyone! Thank God, we're alive and well.

It's Sunday today and, as always, we participated in today's Mass at our parish, St. Paul's, this morning. Our outgoing parochial vicar, Rev. Fr. Chris celebrated the Liturgy with us. "Shadowing" him was seminarian Marty, who's assigned to cluster parishes this summer. As has been scheduled, Freny and I did Cup 3 and 4, respectively. That is, we helped distribute wine, the consecrated Blood of Christ, to our fellow parishioners.

After Mass, as usual, we ate out at a seafood restaurant, Captain D's, in Chesapeake where we had fish and fries, cole slaw and "hush puppies." We also had sweet iced tea. No, we didn't have dessert. We decided to have it at home where we have seedless watermelon and/or cantaloupes. (I did buy two of each yesterday from one of the grocery stores near our place.) See the photos I've taken today while dining at Captain D's.









                                         Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa
Well, after lunch, we went home with full bellies, said Tintin, when I asked her opinion. Likewise, I did enjoy our food, the fact that I haven't had fish and fries for a while. Plus, the restaurant's atmosphere was pleasant and conducive to fine dining and relaxation, even for an hour, away from home. Noticeably, majority of the diners there are adults, and seniors, mostly whites and blacks. I believe, we're the only ones, of Asian or Filipino ancestry, who have been frequenting that eatery. (In so many years of being here in Hampton Roads, each time we go there, I haven't seen any other Asians, i.e, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, eating there.

Btw, I love fish, in general. I grew up eating fish, along with rice and other home-grown produce or leafy vegetables...that constitutes our "traditional" staple food in the land of my birth, the Philippines. I don't need to tell you about the health benefits of eating fish, my dear folks and friends. Heard about this omega-3 fatty acids/oil in fish. Anyway, I'm not advocating or telling you to eat fish. It's your choice whatever you want/wish to eat to help keep/make you look/feel healthy.

This is all for now and thank you all for your time. Take care and have a wonderful day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us and keep us all safe from harm."-chris a. quilpa, 30 June 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment