Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Doing Errands and Eating Out on a Hot Summer Day

A wonderful Wednesday to all of us! Thank God, we're alive and well, and blogging...again.

Whew! It's hot and humid! Temp today, around Hampton Roads and elsewhere, reaches in the low 90s! It's undeniably summertime...and in full swing! Man, let's drink plenty of water and/or juice, and dress lightly, cotton shirts preferably, when leaving the house for work or errands.

Initially, I planned to just wear a sleeveless shirt (see picture below) but since I've got sort of sunburn already on my chest due to constant visit to the beach years back, I decided to put on this cotton (red and white stripes or checkered?) polo shirt that Freny gave me months ago.


Today, after taking care of some stuff at the office of Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in our neighboring city, my wife Freny, daughter Tintin and I had lunch at the nearest Panera Bread in our area. Btw, it's been a while that we haven't been to this eatery for months, although I have a Panera Bread card that, when used each time we dine in and/or purchase some bagels or pastry, or sandwich there, rewards me with points that will eventually translate to a free cookie, or smoothie, like last time.

Well, since I brought with me my camera, along with my laptop, I put it to use. So, here's what I have taken while we're out, doing errands and dining at Panera Bread today. Check out what I ate for lunch. Enjoy!
















 Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa                   
After lunch, we hang in there for minutes, trying to relieve ourselves from the noontime heat, while I imported/uploaded photos I've taken into my laptop and then shared them to our Facebook friends afterwards. Still, while "killing" time in there, I read latest news online and watched a video on YouTube.

From Panera Bread, we drove to the nearest Post Office where we dropped off a couple of mails. Then, we stopped by at Dollar Tree Store to buy goodies, munchies, other stuff. Tintin bought two-three books.

Last stop of our errands for the day, a warm, humid Wednesday...at a bank where we did a couple of transactions, i.e, inquiring account balances, paying credit card balance, and depositing Andrew's check (that one from one of his part-time jobs in The Capital) that he gave me before he went back to DC last Sunday afternoon. Man, I was all sweating profusely while in the bank! OMG, I thought I have those signs of heat cramps/strokes! It's good that I always have with me a handkerchief that I kept on wiping down my sweats, especially on my forehead. When it was Freny and Tintin's turn to talk to that female bank teller/representative that I've talked to, I excused myself and found a seat in the bank's waiting area and composed myself. I was still perspiring/sweating at that moment! And, I felt kind of tired...Anyway, I was feeling fine afterwards. Thank God.

From there, we drove home...tired but relieved. Freny and Tintin did unload the stuff that we bought from that store, while I changed my sweaty clothes and chilled out...

Well, this is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Thanks for keeping me company. Until next time around. Take care and have a pleasant day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us and keep us safe from harm always!"-chris a. quilpa, 26 June 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment