Search This Blog

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Weekend At Home with Tintin

Good Sunday, everyone! Thank God, we're here...blogging again. Were glad and thankful to be alive and well!

Daughter Tintin has been with us this weekend. We're so thankful and delighted to see her home again. As you go on reading my blog post, you'll see the embedded photos of mine (taken today, Sunday, and yesterday) with Tintin with us.











                              Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa
This time, she came from C-ville, she said, where she spent a day and night with her friends and fellow college advisers. They had a meeting there Friday, she said. Normally, her trip home usually originates from D-ville each time she comes home every other weekend when she's scheduled to play piano Sunday in one of the Christian churches in Norfolk. Then, after church worship and lunch, she goes back to D-ville in the afternoon. Btw, we usually dine out in one of the eateries or restaurants nearby or neighboring city, after church. That's basically the case each time she's home on weekends.

This "Corpus Christi" Sunday, we participated in the 9:30 a.m. Mass at our parish, St. Paul's Catholic where Reverend Fr. David, our pastor, celebrated the Liturgy with us. As volunteer church "Eucharistic Ministers," Freny and I distributed the Host or the consecrated Bread as Body of Christ to our fellow parishioners. (We were scheduled today.) We didn't wait for the final blessings of Fr. David, after the Holy Communion, because of Tintin's commitment, the one I mentioned above. Hence, we slowly inched our way out of St. Paul's, for the next church worship service in Norfolk, leaving fellow parishioners behind and probably wondering, too, about our early departure.

We arrived at our next destination five minutes before the start of the worship service. As usual, Tintin immediately heads to where the piano is and, momentarily, she starts playing the prelude. Silence is then observed. Noticeably, at this church, majority of the members attending are like over 50 years old. Regular attendees number about twenty to thirty. There may be more churchgoers, on special occasion or holiday, like Christmas, you know. However, one peculiar characteristic of the worship service, especially the first part of it, is that there's this sort of welcoming "meet and greet" of everybody in the sanctuary. That was cool! There's that kind of "feel good" atmosphere inside. I don't know about you, folks and friends, if you have had attended two different church worship services like we have had...one Catholic and the other Protestant. No matter what, we worship the same one God, our Almighty Creator-Heavenly Father, anyway. You see, with the freedom of religion we exercise as freedom-loving people, living in a free country, like the U.S., it doesn't matter what our belief is as long as we are that accepting, welcoming, and understanding of others.

Driving back to our area, from Norfolk, after the worship service, we decided to have lunch at Captain D's in Chesapeake. We haven't been there for a while and we miss their fish and fries and coleslaw and hush puppies? And their garden salad and newly-brewed sweet iced tea. As usual, we ordered that 12-piece family pack menu, for less than $30. That's good for four diners. At times, we still bring home left-over food just like today, for dinner/supper.

Back home, after lunch, I felt kind of tired. Back spasms kicking in. As soon as I changed gear or clothes, I went to bed and stretched my bad back. That's why I didn't go with Freny and Tintin to T-Mobile office for Tintin's upgrade of her mobile phone. (She wasn't with us last week when we did change our phones.) FWI: I did mention in my previous blog post that we did have an upgrade with our family plan mobile phones, to smart phones when Andrew was here last weekend. What's that? Keeping up with technology, huh? Freny and Andrew were quick to say, "We have to..." Me? Just trying to learn...you know me, my dear folks and friends. I kind of prefer just simple gadget as long as it serves its purpose. I don't want complicated stuff. No, don't get me wrong. But, of course, I want to learn new things but, come on, if it's taking much of my time to figure it out, forget it! Admittedly, I'm a slow learner with regards to these things, especially involving mobile tech devices, and computer or internet technology in general. But I'm willing to learn, especially if there's someone who's patient enough to show us, step by step.

Note that I did write this blog post (while in our backyard patio/porch) after almost two hours resting in bed. I'm doing fine, btw. Now, I'm about to wrap this up. Thanks, folks and friends, for keeping me company.

Well, this is all for now. Until next time around. Take care and have a nice day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us and keep us all safe from harm!"-chris a. quilpa, 02 June 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment