Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

On A Bright, Sunny Wednesday in Hampton Roads (w/ Photos)

At the outset, I'd like to wish my awesome son, Andrew, a Happy Birthday today! Yes, it's his natal day today. May you have many more birthday to come, Son! May God bless you, and keep you safe from harm always! Luv ya, kid!

Good Wednesday, everyone! How are we all doing today? Hope and pray you're very much alive and well. Thank God, we're doing well.

Wow, it feels like summer already over here in 757! Yet it's still springtime! It's  kinda warm, or hot outside! But it's amazingly gorgeous, the weather is, indeed! Just imagine this morning at eleven, I was sweating as soon as I got back inside the house, after I brought out those two trash bins on the curve for the trash collectors to empty them tomorrow. That's why I had to change my shirt. And also my long pants to shorts.

This afternoon, at about three, I went out to go to the post office (to purchase a book of stamps and to drop a couple of letters or mail (utility bills, that is) and then to a grocery store. I brought with me my old digital camera and took pictures along the way. Here are they, and I'm sharing some selected photos with you on this blog post, my dear folks and friends. Btw, lots of pollen obviously fell unto the windows or windshield of our car, making our van Sienna looked so dirty. (You'll see one photo below to validate what I'm talking about anent this pollen thing.) I know, even if you have had your car just washed, pollen will definitely "invade" your car, especially when it's parked outside on your drive way all the time. Well, there's nothing we can do because it's the season! Pollen abound during this springtime, as we know it.

Again, here are the photos that I'm sharing them with you. (The fact is, I've already shared these photos first to my Facebook friends and folks today, prior to composing this blog post that you're reading right now.) Enjoy, and hopefully you liked them. Thank you very much.








 See the pollen stuck on our van's windows? They're a regular sight these days. As we all know it's the season each time spring season is here. Sneezing season, too. Got allergy, huh? For sure, it's the pollen that have fallen...down on the ground, everywhere!
 Now, let me take you along with me to my errands. Let's drop by at the post office first, then to the grocery store, okay? Let's go...fasten your seat belt now... And enjoy the ride, and the sight and sound, and smell of spring...






 Yeas, that's a Christian church on our left. I'm thankful that I was able to take the picture when we're at a stop sign.
 This flowering tree is lovely, isn't it? I don't know what is the name of this tree but I saw it standing tall. It looks captivating.
 The following are some of my favorite items I bought today at a grocery store (not at the Commissary, as I used to). As you know, my dear folks and friends, we're trying to eat, and live, healthy. As you go on reading this, you 'll find out that I didn't buy any meat or red meat. Well, we're trying to reduce our intake of it. On the other hand, we're used to drinking bottled water, even if our water in our faucet is safe to drink. At least, I must say this: I don't drink soda. You know why? There's no nutritional value, aside from sugar. That's just me, I don't drink soda. Period. I rarely drink it, to tell you guys the truth. Unless there's a rare occasion that I have no choice but to have a can or a glass offered to me. (I bear this in mind: To refuse an offer is an insult? I don't want to be rude and/or disappoint the host or server, you know.) I do like orange juice, or other fruit juice, though. Oppsss...there's one thing I forgot to buy: organic milk, 2% reduced fat! My bad! I may go back to the store tomorrow or just wait for me to go to the Commissary where I usually buy two or three half-gallon carton of organic milk.

Btw, it's not my intention to promote or endorse the products mentioned or seen in this blog post of  mine. I don't get paid by whatever company that makes them, okay? I'm just sharing with you, as I've said, some of my favorites. Again, I'm not trying to tell you to buy these products. You guys have a choice. Hope I made myself clear. Thank you.











This is all for now. Thanks for hanging in there and keeping me company. Until next time around. Take care and have a nice day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa, 17 Apr 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment