Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Break Wraps Up with Church Services & Lunch Buffet (w/ Photos)

Wow, what a gorgeous weather we have in Hampton Roads! Amazingly beautiful, indeed! With warmer weather now, it feels like summertime! Thank you, Lord! (What do you think, is it time to turn off our centralized heater now? The forecast for the days ahead in HR is that high temp will be in the 80 degrees plus! Let it be.

Good Monday, everyone! How did your weekend go? Was it fun? Nice? Peaceful? Relaxing? Tiresome? Wonderful?  All of the above? That's good. We had a good time, too. Thank God.

Yesterday, Sunday, was the second Sunday of Easter. Again, Happy Easter, everyone! Truly, as believers, we affirm that Jesus Christ is risen from the dead, once again in our hearts. Alleluia! Our faith in Him as our Savior and Redeemer is what keeps me alive and going, and moving forward. That's just my opinion or confession.

My wife Freny and I and Tintin are back home (in Hampton Roads) from our spring break in The Capital where the former celebrated her birthday there, with us, religiously. (Read and see my previous blog post, with photos. Thanks.) We had a wonderful time there, appreciating and admiring the sights and sounds, and smell of early spring, such as those colorful flowers and outdoor gardens, religious and educational buildings, etc.

We attended yesterday's (Sunday) Mass at our parish, St. Paul's Catholic Church. The Mass was celebrated not by our pastor or parochial vicar but by a visiting Filipino priest, a chaplain of one of the carriers of the US Navy, he said. We learned that Rev. Fathers David and Chris have been on "spring break," too, after their busy schedule during Lent and Easter. Well, they deserve a week's off (or two) from their priestly/parochial ministry. Wishing them a relaxing week's off. I pray, May God bless them and keep them safe from harm!

After Mass, we had to drive all the way to Tintin's assignment, every other Sunday, at a Christian church in Norfolk, where she plays piano for the church worship-service there. As usual, we were warmly greeted by the members of the church there, mostly older men and women. So, yesterday's was a double church celebration for us, again. We're blessed and grateful for the opportunity to have listened to the Good News in two separate occasion.

We had Chinese for lunch at one of our favorite buffet restaurants in Hampton Roads, after that church service in Norfolk. Now, here I am sharing with you our photos that were taken yesterday. (There wasn't any picture taken yesterday of St. Paul's Catholic Church because we were such in a hurry to go to Norfolk. My apology. But if you were following my blog, I've posted several photos of me and my family with St. Paul's in the background. I don't remember what year it was. Sorry!) Once again,enjoy our photos, my dear folks and friends! The first photo is me, almost done getting dressed for the Sunday Mass at St. Paul's.
 At home, just preparing for Sunday's Mass at St. Paul's Catholic Church in a neighboring city.

 Tintin and I upon arrival at a Christian church in Norfolk, VA, prior to attending the church service.

 Freny and I posing in front of my digital camera. Photo taken 07April2013 at a Christian church in Norfolk where our young adult daugher Tintin plays piano every other Sunday.


 Freny and I at one of our favorite Chinese buffet restaurants in a neighboring town.

 Freny and Tintin posing before my camera, just after having luncheon at a Chinese buffet restaurant in HR.
 Let's have ice cream for dessert. Here's me and Freny enjoying our ice cream that culminated our lunch.


 Can't you tell how I'm enjoying every spoon of my vanilla-flavored ice cream? That's right. I'm taking time.




 Tintin and her Aunt Rose posing before my camera, after that plenty of food at a Chinese buffet restaurant.



 Doing something funny to keep our tummy? Yes, we're full after that buffet lunch at this Chinese eatery.


 Last minute pictorial session, after having our buffet lunch at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants in town.

 Tintin doing some silly pose before my camera. Photos taken at home.





                                          Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa
Arriving home, after church and lunch, Tintin prepared herself and before 5 pm, she left us for D-ville where she is presently working and sharing a two-bedroom apartment unit with her fellow female college adviser/UVA graduate. She has just wrapped up her one-week spring break at home and now she's back to work, like my wife Freny, today, Monday.

Well, this is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Take care and have a wonderful day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless and keep us safe from harm!"-chris a. quilpa, 08 Apr 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment