Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

Soggy Monday but I'm Thankful, As Always!

Good Monday, everyone! How are we all doing today? Thank God, we're alive and well.

It's drizzling/raining outside! What? Soggy Monday over here in Hampton Roads? Unbelievable but it's true! But it was gorgeous and lovely yesterday! (Anyway, it's good that it's drizzling; it's beneficial to plants that need water, making the environment greener!)

Tsk, tsk, tsk...the weather really! So unpredictable, like life itself! Well, I thank God for we're alive and well. As long as we're alive...that's all that matters to us. On the other hand, material things (that we possess or have accumulated through the years) can be insignificant for they're there as mere decorations or accessories in life. And they can be replaced, you know, as long as we have life, and with money to buy them. But when it comes to life, it's irreplaceable! We have, as the soap opera with the same title, One Life to Live! Yes, life is precious, especially for most, if not all, of us (pro-life) who value life. That's why I always remind myself: Live life well in the present moment! And I've shared this message, too, to our Facebook friends and relatives.

This morning, while using the rest room, I happened to browse pictures of our folks and family members, and friends, on Facebook, and I was so delighted to see them healthy-looking, happy and in high spirit. This was in connection with one of our nieces' kids who recently celebrated his first birthday in my birthplace. I couldn't help but "Like" the whole album of photos and, also found myself writing a comment/message or two, greeting the healthy-looking, young baby boy-celebrant (Jack Ryan) a belated Happy Birthday, and congratulating and wishing all the best for the family (my niece and nephew-in-law, and their two adorable, lovely children), and for everyone involved in and making the joyous celebration a success. I did comment, in the end, "Wishing I was there, too!"

Also this morning, as I started writing this blog post (I was on the first two paragraphs already), my cell phone rang. I didn't answer for I'm not familiar with the number calling me. I was trying to figure it out. It starts with a 1, then the area code which I am not sure if I know. Then, after a couple of seconds, our home phone set rang. Same number as that calling me on my cell phone. My gut instinct was that I have to pick it up. That's what I did. Guess who's calling me? My young adult daughter Tintin who's working and living in D-ville. An unexpected call on the first day of the week...What's the news? Thank God, she's alive and doing well. That's all I wanted to hear/know at this moment. Thank you, God and thank you, Jesus! Thank you, Mother Mary!

Well, this is all for now and until next time around, my dear folks and friends. Take care and be safe always! Have a nice day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa, 29 April 2013



 

No comments:

Post a Comment