Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2012

On Praying and A Hospital Visit

Happy Thursday, everyone! Today is the first day of March, another month of the year. After yesterday's rain, signs of springtime are evident over here in 757 today---warm, sunny weather in the upper 70s, leaves of trees sprouting, flowers starting to appear, birds singing in the early morn. Well, I'm looking forward to Spring. Are you, too, folks? Hope you're doing well in life, as usual.

How's your observance of Lent going on? Well, friends, just do what you can---to do good for yourself and others for the glory of our Almighty God and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ. I know, there are things that we can give up or sacrifice, even for a while. There's certainly one thing that we can always do: pray. After all, praying is a personal and yet universal religious practice. Praying for ourselves and others is a a powerful weapon to combat/overcome difficulties and temptations in life, I do believe. Praying can heal. Praying can help change our life-world for the better. Praying eases our pains. Praying can truly transform us to be more human and divine, like the saints. These are just my take on the benefits of praying. Over time, in the course of my journey through life, I have experienced how prayer has helped me as a sinner. Realizing the impact of prayer in my life, I try each moment, each day to find time to pray wherever I am. I always try to communicate with our Creator God, praising and thanking Him for giving me life. It's a good practice to pray each moment to help strengthen our faith and our nurture our spiritual life, just as breathing or eating or drinking to nourish our physical body to be healthy always. Okay, let's move on to another topic, shall we? Thank you.

Wow, I couldn't believe it! How could I have forgotten to turn off my headlights once I've parked our van in the top floor/level of the hospital's garage? I just found this out after I was already in the hospital building and have checked in to the Department/Clinic where I have a follow up appointment. I know, there's an explanation to it. No, I wasn't late for my appointment this morning. I had plenty of time, actually. Yes, plenty of time driving around the hospital's garage looking for a parking spot. Mind you, it was almost full, in all levels! How did I end up in the top level (fifth floor), open space, of the hospital parking garage? Well, that's where I found a parking spot. I really couldn't believe it! I've never parked up there in my eleven years of working at that hospital, even before I retired from the Service. Each time I have a periodic appointment there, in this Clinic or that Department, after retirement, I've always parked in the ground floor or ist or 2nd floor utmost. But not this time, folks! Yes, I have had to go up further to see the azure sky in that open parking lot, fifth floor. I'm not complaining, though. God must have had a plan for me why He let me go all the way up to the open space in the fifth level of the hospital parking garage! Only I forgot to turn off my headlights. (You have to turn on them once you enter into the hospital's parking garage.) Anyway, I mentioned this to the active duty military guy at the front desk of the Rheumatology Department where I have a follow up appointment there today, this morning, usually every five or sixth months. He offered help, in case my battery is weak and I couldn't start my van. Wow, I said, "thanks, man!"

So glad and thankful I was that I was seen by my regular rheumatologist on time. We had a good rapport. And, my visit with him didn't take that long, either. Just approximately 20 minutes only. Thanking him after he saw/examined me, I walked back to the garage and turn my headlights off. Then, I went back in to the hospital building because I have to go to the Pharmacy (for a new refill of one of my meds) and to the  Lab for some blood tests which my Doc ordered for me, and finally to the Radiology Department where I have to have an X-ray of my right foot (I've been having pain on my right foot lately, that's why my Doc ordered an X-ray). Well, that's also my opportunity to visit my old Clinic or   Department where I used to work when I was still active duty. You bet, I was glad to see my old pals or colleagues/co-workers who are still working there. (Others have already retired, like me.) Our artsy civilian QC supervisor is still there! Unbelievable! I wonder if she hasn't found that word "retire" from her dictionary! She has long been there when I first reported for work in the mid 1990s. Now, you're asking me if I miss my old or former work? No. Not at all, folks! Only the people that I used to work with! That's it. You know, when you've been working together for that long you established friendship and that camaraderie and brotherhood. But if you're talking about my old job, no! Definitely no! I don't miss it. I've given my best when I was still working there, with no reservation at all. God knows how I've worked!

Thanks to God. I arrived home safely. But hungry, too. (I'm ready for my lunch, you know. My stomach is growling!) Until next time around. Take care. Have a nice day, everyone! Ciao!-chris a. quilpa, 01March2012

No comments:

Post a Comment