Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday with Our Bishop

Happy sunny Sunday, everyone! Hope and pray that you're doing well so far. As always, we're alive and well. Thanks to God. Thank you, Jesus, for being our Inspiration!

Ah, Sunday, a day with our Lord, Jesus Christ! Yes, it's always cool to attend or participate in church services, especially, on Sunday Mass such as today. Why? It's a day that we got to be with our Archbishop of our Diocese who officiated the Mass. I feel overwhelmed by his presence for he represents our Catholic Church leader, Pope Benedict XVI.

Prior to Mass, I came across our parochial vicar at the sacristy---with a growing beard! I was surprised to see him with beard! As always, he and I have good rapport. I thought he's gonna concelebrate the Mass today. But, no. He has to go to one of the clustered parishes, like our pastor who announced last Sunday already that he wouldn't be with us today.

Today, I also happened to see one of our brother Knights (of Columbus). I assumed that he and some of the council members were there because we have with us our Bishop. Likewise, I bumped into our former church music director after the Mass. We had a brief conversation at the sacristy, while my wife and I did wash all the cups, vessels, pitcher, etc. used during the Mass. That's our assigned responsibility if we (as Extraordinary Ministers for Holy Communion) are scheduled to do Cup1 and 2 (administering the consecrated wine, the "blood" of Christ to our faithful parishioners). My wife and I were scheduled today. That's exactly what we did. Our young adult daughter (whose last day of her spring break ends today. We'll be bringing her back to her college dorm for they have classes tomorrow, Monday) and my sis-in-law (who has already arrived, since last week, from a month's vacation to our nativeland) were waiting for us at the back of the church while doing our work in the sacristy.

After Mass, we had lunch at Seafood Restaurant. (We haven't been there for a while). As always, we enjoyed our food. Then, we went home for we've got to get ready for our trip to C-ville.We have had to bring our daughter back to her college dorm this afternoon. Yes, her Spring break ends today, folks. It's back to books again for her and her colleagues at the University.

Okay, friends, this is all for now. I'm being called downstairs. Until next time around. Have a wonderful day! (We've got to leave now for C-ville!)-chris a. quilpa, 11March2012

No comments:

Post a Comment