Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Episodes of Pain at NEX/Commissary Today

Good day, everyone! How are you guys doing on this pleasant Wednesday? How's the weather in your area? Mild temperature is what we have over here in 757. Though it's sunny all around, we're also having a windy day today! Gusty, at times. Other than that, we're doing alright. Thank you, God. And thank you, Jesus!

This morning, past eight, I decided to go to NEX/Commissary because I wanted to buy one of the home items (Aroma rice cooker) sale they have starting today. I arrived there just in time for their opening of the NEX store at nine. I asked one of the sales representatives if they carry that item that I'd like to purchase. He said they don't, but suggested I have to go to NOB/NAVSTA in Norfolk where they carry the said item. I would be fooling myself if I don't admit that I was a little disappointed! That's true. But, what can I do but to accept the fact that they don't have that item there. One more thing that added up to my "disappointment" was that I couldn't use that five dollar coupon I have for a SIM card for my camera because of a different code on the coupon. Besides, they don't carry that SIM card item that's supposed to match with my coupon. What they have in store doesn't have that HD (High Definition) feature.

Driving to Norfolk, by myself, is too much (or not good) for me, especially if I have some medical conditions that prevents me from traveling long distances. That's why I scraped off (from my mind) that idea for me to buy those sale items I mentioned above. That's okay, I said to myself. No big deal. Instead, I found myself buying some tubes of toothpaste which I carried with me on my way to a Subway restaurant for breakfast. There, I had that breakfast combo (bacon, egg and cheese with a cup of coffee with cream and sugar). Mind you, I was their very first customer. As always, I gave a dollar tip to the young lady who made my sandwich. (I've been trying to do that each time we eat there. If there are two people who prepared our sandwiches, I give each one dollar, and tell them "it's for your soda.")

After breakfast, I walked out my way to the Commissary and bought groceries. I tell you, I began to experience back ache/spasms while filling up my cart with stuff to buy, i.e., bags of vegetable salad, meat products, canned goods, orange juice, frozen pizza and cakes and chocolate bars, etc. Man, I tell you, my lower back pain is getting intense as I paced myself slowly from isle to isle. The back spasm continues and has become unbearable that I had to ask someone to help me to load in another cart four cases of bottled water. Thankfully, I have had someone, a grocery bagger, who pushed the two carts of groceries all the way out to our van in the parking lot. As always, I gave two dollars to the helper and thanked her for helping me load my groceries.

Arriving home, I slowly unload my groceries one bag at a time. I left those four cases of bottled water still in the trunk of our van. I've got to compose myself and if I feel better, I may or may not bring them inside the house. But as of this time, I just couldn't do it. (I know, I can't afford to re-injure my back. Not again, please, Lord! (The truth is, I'm not supposed to be carrying heavy things or exerting efforts that jeopardize my "damaged" lower back (spine) that has caused my permanent disability.) God, help me to bear my chronic lower back pain, especially when it hurts so much that the spasms are unbearable! Help me, Jesus, to relieve my pain. Thank you.

Upstairs in our bedroom, after eating a banana, I took one pain medication ( a muscle relaxant) and placed one Lidoderm patch on my lower back. And here I am sitting on a chair on my bedside while doing this blog post. Trying to manage my pain (it has subsided a little bit), I'll be lying down in bed after posting this.

Well, this is all for now. Until next time around. Thanks for your time. Take care. Have a nice day, everyone!-chris a. quilpa, 28March2012



No comments:

Post a Comment