Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Yesterday and Today

Hello, everyone! A pleasant good Sunday to all of us! We're now into the fifth Sunday of Lent, ladies and gentlemen! How's your observance of Lent? So far so good, huh? That's good.

As you well know, it has been showering or raining over here in 757 since yesterday. For the past week, however, the temperature has been going consistently mild, in the high of mid 70s. Today's forecast is mostly cloudy with scattered showers, thunderstorms likely in the afternoon, per meteorologists in our area. High temp is in the low 70s but tomorrow, Monday, it will be in the upper 60s, and Tuesday's high will be in the mid 50s---much cooler but with plenty of sunshine! Now, with the gradual change in temperature, Spring is undoubtedly just around us, folks! So, let's enjoy it and appreciate the beauty of the natural world, God's creation, while we can.

Although I've read a couple of blogs (especially the ones I've been following), I didn't feel like writing a blog post yesterday. Honestly, I was tired, and lazy, you know. Here's why. My wife and I left the house early to go to DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) for our two vehicles that need registration renewal. As usual, the waiting time to be served or attended to by one of the receptionists was over an hour but it was worth the wait. Then, we went to pay our bill in one of the banks that financed one of our cars. We even dropped by at a store-market where we bought my favorite unsalted roasted peanuts. In short, we accomplished our goals that day. We even had "brunch" at one of the chain restaurants. We both chose fish-fries combo, with coffee and sugar and cream (for me) and sweet iced tea (for her). We were the very first costumers to dine there yesterday because it wasn't noontime yet. But, later on, as time passed by, diners kept arriving by two's or three's or more, like one family, you know, especially those who just came from a sport's practice from their school. While there in that eatery, I did prepare some of the bills that we'd be mailing or dropping by at the nearest post office close to our house. Well, I know what your'e going to say. Yes, we're still mailing some of our bill payments, and not online or automatic bill payment.

 Thanks to God. Our young adult son came home since yesterday. I was already in bed when he arrived Friday night, closed to midnight, I was told. Anyway, we're glad and thankful he's home again, even for a short period of time. He'll be going back to The Capital this afternoon because he's got work tomorrow.

In today's Mass, I'm glad and thankful that our son did the First Reading (of the Holy Scripture) for me (for Maureen, who was scheduled to do the reading, but called me last week to ask me if I could do it for her for reason that she wouldn't be in today's Mass). My wife and I have already been scheduled today to do Cup 3 and 4. I wouldn't mind doing the two tasks but since our son came home for the weekend, I had to delegate it to him and he didn't hesitate to do it at all, for he's been on the Lector's List, too, like me.

This time, our parochial vicar, Rev. Fr. Jarek  officiated today's Mass. As always, he's that jolly fellow. I admit, I'd miss him when he gets transferred to a new assignment this July. He's such a spirited man of God! At the sacristy while we were preparing before the Mass, we had a good rapport. We had an animated brief conversation. He's cool.

Lunchtime, we went to a buffet restaurant in Chesapeake, with our son's two friends. We had a good time, enjoyed the variety of food served, while engaged in a wholesome conversation with our son and his friends. I had a good slice of that medium rare grilled beef plus cooked veggies and a slice of corn bread, and a glass of sweet iced tea. There, I happened to see my former Shipmate or co-worker and his family, and later on our neighbors James and Felecia (who are leaving the area and moving to adjacent city, not far from us.) As usual, we exchanged pleasantries. They're such good acquaintances or friends, you know. Thanks to God for having known them for years.

Well, this is all for now, folks. Until next time around. Thanks for having time with me. Take care.-chris a. quilpa, 25March2012






No comments:

Post a Comment