Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

The One-year Old Poem About Birds Outside, Shared to FB

A blessed Saturday to everyone! Hope and pray that you're doing well, this Lenten Season, amidst the things and happenings around us. Let's all hang in there, folks! A little sacrifice is worth pursuing/observing for our well being. Life, with God, is worth-living. I do believe that.

A few hours ago, while listening to songs (playlist, on YouTube)of the Legend and the one and only Superstar in Philippine Entertainment Industry, Nora Aunor, I just shared one of my "Ilokano" poems, written one year and one day ago, today, to majority of my Facebook friends (who are Ilokanos). The original Ilokano poem "Dagiti Billit iti Ruar", translated "The Birds Outside" tells exactly what is, the birds outside by the school playground, that I witnessed or observed last year while I was in our backyard, by our deck, walking around, after having breakfast (of a bowl of cereal with organic milk, 2 % fat, and a sandwich bread with Nutella hazelnut-chocolate spread). And, it was a "sunny, bright day, however cool but a little breezy, good for my lungs! Healthy!" That was the note I scribbled on my 2011 binder-journal from which my Ilokano poem mentioned was written. Even up to this time of writing this blog post, I'm still enjoying the melodic, mellow, golden voice of legendary balladeer, Nora Aunor. Thanks YouTube and to those people who uploaded the music/videos.

Yes, yesterday, folks. A lazy Friday, for me. I didn't write a blog post, as you may have observed. Yes, I didn't feel like writing one, although I visited my blog a couple of times just as I did visit FB, too. Actually, I was just chilling out, watching videos and soap operas on YouTube. And, reading my favorite Catholic blogs, just to update myself. Thanks to our devoted bloggers (one deacon, a clergy, a layman who's into evangelizing business). And, yes, I found another couple who are new evangelizers, too, via their social media networking. I applaud them all for what they're doing. All for the glory of our Almighty God. Kudos and more power to them all! I also did share to FB friends about articles I've read (and strongly believed in) from publications I "liked." I do hope and pray that some of our FB friends had the time to read them.

Well, I've got to sign off now, friends. My wife just handed me a bowl of hot oatmeal for breakfast. Okay, until next time around. Thanks for being with me. Have a blessed day, everyone! Take care. Ciao!-chris a. quilpa, 03March2012

No comments:

Post a Comment