Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday's Free Verse

To Let You Know

this morning,
while in bed
I prayed to You
hoping I continue
living to keep on praying
for myself and others dead
from whatever reasons and ways
and for those still alive, like me a sinner
and sick and injured and ill and managing
trying to make do of what life has to offer
me, a life-long student and forever learner.

this midday, alone
while still in the house
I ate my brunch from leftovers
while listening to NPR on our radio
downstairs by our family room that is cool
but reasonably quite messy and devoid of style.

after eating,
I did nothing
but listen and watch
music videos on YouTube
that's amazing and inspiring
so fascinating and entertaining
to me, a lifer, loafer, music-lover.

mid-afternoon,
I went to my bank
and withdrew money
in its ATM by the front door
then, on my way home, I pumped gas
then, dropped by Totoy's Filipino restaurant
and bought cooked food for dinner at home.

just to let you know
I'm not in the mood today
to cook or prepare something
for me, my wife, and my sister-in-law.

ah, such is life
when you're retired
you just try to take it easy
not to worry and get weary.

(c) 2012 by chris a. quilpa


No comments:

Post a Comment