Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

Rainy and Stormy Monday

Good Monday, everyone! It is still rainy and stormy, and windy over Hampton Roads and elsewhere in the East Coast. Local TV news report that some areas have been under water, especially in Norfolk. Due to storm surge, there are areas in the East Coast that are flooded right now. (Lots of closings, classes cancelled, coastal flood warnings, and I understand, there's this proclamation/declaration of state of emergency by some state officials in their respective state.) Unfortunately, there's this tremendous outpouring from the sky today! Yes, it's water, water everywhere! And the ground is soaking wet, or saturated, all around. (I pray that all is well that ends well for us all! I believe in the loving care and goodness of our Almighty God, through Jesus.) But we're glad and thankful to be alive and well. Thank you, good and gracious God! Hope and pray that we have power (of all sorts, eh!) so we can continue to be well, okay, all right.

Personally, I thank and pray for all of our men and women working out there, covering, reporting, updating us with the latest news; our utility crew, medical staff-personnel, and service personnel, and to our military and civilian personnel who are working hard to maintain peace and order and security around the country and throughout the world. May God bless us all!

This morning, I have shared to our Facebook friends a video from YouTube, the one I used while praying along the Joyful Mysteries of the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, our Heavenly Mother and Mother of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior and Redeemer. I invited everyone to pray the rosary along with me. I do hope and pray that someone, somewhere out there did pray his/her rosary. Thank you, God. Thank you, Jesus. Mother Mary, pray for us!

Just a thought: Mother Nature has a way to help us rethink what matters in life. She is definitely a physical force to remind us that despite our progress, technological advances, intelligence, we're still vulnerable because we're humans, imperfect. She lets us show the way how to get us all back together, in unity with others, to show what we are capable of, what we can do to re/connect with the rest of humanity. Mother Nature neutralizes, checks and balances our life-world. She takes control when we're going too far to the point that we become helpless and hapless. Just a thought for me, for us, to ponder...

This kind of weather condition (Hurricane Sandy) is not Greek to me. Experience-wise, I've had enough of this in the course of my life's journey way back in my younger years in the Philippines. Natural occurrences, such as this, are part of life, I do admit and believe. (BTW, we're frequently visited by typhoons in the tropical Philippines. Nothing we can do about that because of the geography, location of the country in the world map.) Positively, we will get through all these "storms" in our life; we'll overcome, one storm after another. For as long as we have Faith and hope, we'll be fine. We'll move on and life goes on...Change is inevitable in life. Change changes changes...Our time will come when it's time, you know. All of us have a life span, physically speaking. That's reality, to me. (But I believe that we have a life everlasting with our Lord, after our life here on earth.) That is why, I live now---this present moment matters to me most; it's what counts right now, for me.  (I do hope and pray I make sense to you, my dear folks and friends. That we're on the same page, that is.)

Again, just a thought: Literally and figuratively, rainfall is good. It's not that bad at all. We need cleaning and cleansing. It refreshes us, relieves us from "dry spells" in our lives. It nourishes us and the environment and the world as a whole. Plants, trees, and other creatures grow and develop to their potentials because of outpouring rainfall. It's a source of new life, too. To me, rainfall is life.

Mother Nature is a part of our life. Whether we like it or not, we are a part of Mother Nature. That's my belief and understanding.

Well, my dear folks and friends, this is all for now. Until next time around. Take care and have a wonderful day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa,29Oct2012

No comments:

Post a Comment