Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Musings

Good Monday, everyone!

Here we are again, as we begin another week of living life with Faith and Love! As I'm writing this blog post, I'd like you to guess where I am at the present moment. You betcha, I'm at McDonald's where I just had my breakfast or "brunch?"

Before I go on, I'd like to tell you that I did pray my rosary (Joyful Mysteries) this morning while still in bed and while our alarm-clock-radio was on since 6:00 o'clock am. (It's regularly or automatically set at that time, for my wife Freny who goes to school-work before seven.)

Before leaving our house this morning for McDonald's, I did also continue a little bit of that laundry chores that my wife left off last night. I folded the clothes that were in the dryer and put the ones that were washed (but not dry) in the dryer. In the meantime while waiting for the clothes to be done, I did a little walk around in our wooden deck, by our backyard overlooking the school playground. Guess what I saw from a distance at the school playground? About fifty Canadian geese! They're congregating in that elementary school playground. And unperturbed by a lawn maintenance crew, mowing the vast playground with his noisy lawn mower. Anyway, I had a bit of vitamin D from the sun this morning.And, fresh, crispy cool air from trees nearby our neighborhood. What a feeling of relief! Truly a blessing to be alive and well! Thank you, Almighty God! And thank you, Jesus!

Now, as I continue developing this thoughtful narrative, I've noticed that more and more people are coming in to dine here at McDonald's. Well, it's lunchtime, that's why. Besides the place is almost always occupied with intermittent diners from different walks of life. Such is business, especially in the fast food industry. Blue and white-collar employees, military personnel on lunch break, ordinary workers or wage-earners, come to eat or enjoy their bites out of the fast food restaurant's famous burgers and fries, and either McCafe or whatever beverage the customers prefer to drink. It's for convenience, Man! In about ten-fifteen minutes, these customers are done, having enjoyed their "eat" while resting their stomach for a while before they go back to their respective work. Such is life in the fast lane, huh? Fast food with fast service, with a smile at times, from uniformed McDonald's employees. And to each his/her own, unmindful of other's business.! At least, that's how I look at it, each time I come here not only to spend less than five dollars for breakfast or "brunch" but also to just chill out and have that so-called "slice of life" outside of my house. As I've mentioned in my previous posts, I'm just trying to enjoy life now, living the present moment well and letting time takes its course, while managing my chronic lower back pain, etc. It's true, life is too short so I don't want to make it shorter by doing foolishness that endangers my one and only life. No, I won't succumb to such and such foolish idea or thought that's against my Faith principle.

BTW, before I forget, I just had this "total baldness" haircut since Saturday. My FilAm barber at NEX didn't believe me when I said I wanted my head to be an all-out clean or complete shaved off. When he handed me a mirror showing me what he did, I disagreed. I reiterated what I said: clean head, please! He had no choice/option but to redo my "haircut." But I gave him a reasonable tip he couldn't refuse. "Thanks, Man!" he said as my wife and I were leaving the shop for the Commissary that Saturday afternoon (this past weekend).

Yesterday, Sunday, as usual, my wife Freny and I and my sis-in-law Rose attended the second Mass at St. Paul's. Freny and I were scheduled as volunteer Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion. We did Cup 3 and 4. That is, we gave out or distributed the consecrated wine (the Blood of Christ) to our fellow parishioners. Rev. Fr. David, our pastor of the four clustered parishes, officiated or celebrated the Sunday mass with us. He reminded us about the Catholic Church's observance of the Year of Faith, from October 2012 to November 2013, the ways in which we deepen our Faith and our role in the New Evangelization of the Church. (I did try my best sharing some articles {related to this issue} from Catholic links to our Facebook friends last week, with the hope that they've had a chance or opportunity to read them.)  
 
Well, I better sign off now. Until next time around, my dear folks and friends. Thank you for your time. Take care and have a nice day, everyone! As always, "May God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa, 15Oct2012





No comments:

Post a Comment