Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday's (Reflective) Thoughts

Happy Friday, everyone! TGIF (Thanks to God, It's Friday)! And we're looking forward to a wonderful weekend, in spite of an impending weather disturbance (storm or hurricane Sandy?) that's brewing somewhere in the southern tropics and heading off to the Eastern seaboard. Weather TV reports remind us that Storm/Hurricane Sandy will be felt/here in Hampton Roads by this weekend, if not Monday?

Well, whatever happens, we're living now---the present moment! This moment in our life is the one that matters now---my writing this blog post, sharing and communicating with you my thoughts, ideas. Carpe diem! Life is short and fleeting to be worrying, under stress. Let's keep and maintain our cool, my dear folks and friends! As they say, live life one day at a time. And, trust God and have faith. He'll deliver us from all of our angst and uncertainties. Smile and try to be happy! Peace!

Friday. TGIF! It's praying time for me while using the restroom this morning. Yes, dear folks and friends, I prayed along the rosary with a video from YouTube. It's Sorrowful Mysteries of the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, our Mother Mary and Queen of Heaven and Earth, and Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ, our Savior, for all of us believers. Again, thanks to the video uploader and to YouTube. Thank you, good and gracious God! Thank you, Jesus!

Now, while surfing the 'net, after using the restroom and praying the rosary, I came across Halo Series videos uploaded or published by MachinimaPrime. Kinda cool, man! This sci-fi live-action video (war) games, on YouTube, are entertaining, and fun to watch! I find them educational, useful and influential, despite the fights and violence portrayed in them. The military-action drama in them are real and human, with all the robotic gadgets employed. You can just imagine how technology shapes and influences our lives and our future nowadays. How powerful our minds are when confronted with conflicts and uncertainties that are inevitable to occur even if we try to live a normal, peaceful life. Just wondering what's going on in our world of reality and fantasy! Let's accept the fact that there will always be war, wherever it may be, because we're humans and imperfect. With all of our wildest imaginations and crazy ideas, we're adventurous and exploratory, at the same time. We love to conquer and dominate. We're risky and explosive, at times. We're challenging and overwhelming, because we're thinking human beings.

Well, watching these videos reminded me of my son's old video games he has played with his classmates-friends before. I didn't pay so much attention to these videos before  but now I'm beginning to like them. I know, I have a lot to catch up but I'm on my way there, slowly but surely. I maintain an open mind, you know. I believe there's always something to learn anew when you continue to explore and find out what's in, up, out there.

Anyway, my dear folks and friends, I just wish that you're doing well in these tough, but fun, times. For all we know, we're done with the Election 2012 and that we're back to normalcy, if ever there's normal life that we're longing for. But we have faith. And a family to count or depend on when necessary. That's all that matters.

As Proverb 3:5-6 states: "Trust in the Lord with all your might. and lean not unto thy own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path." Fear not, my dear folks and friends! If God is with us, who can be against us?

This is all for now. Thanks for your time and patience and understanding. Until next time around. Take care and Have a wonderful Friday and weekend, everyone! May God bless us all! Always...chris a. quilpa, 26Oct2012





No comments:

Post a Comment