Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday's Post

Happy Wednesday, everyone! How's the weather in your area, my dear folks and friends? Well, here in Hampton Roads, we have a beautiful, mild Fall weather. Plenty of sunshine, no sign of shower, with little breeze. Leaves of trees appear to be changing their colors as they start slowly falling down. In some areas, we've seen some already on the ground, like some scattered pumpkins displayed in specific areas. Looks like Halloween is undeniably forthcoming! Enjoying this weather, I am. And, I don't have any reason at all to complain. Thanks to God, life is good!

As usual, this morning, I prayed my rosary while still in bed. Since it's Wednesday today, I said and meditated on the Glorious Mysteries of the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, our Heavenly Mother. These are: 1) The Resurrection of Jesus 2) The Ascension of Jesus 3) The descent of the Holy Spirit 4) The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and 5) The Crowning or Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

After doing my daily routine in the morning, I took my medicine for blood pressure maintenance. Then, I prepared myself to go out. (I kept putting it off. I got so lazy to go out of the house even if I were ready since yesterday to go and mail our bills to the nearest post office in neighboring city. Well, that's me. If I don't feel like going out, nobody can force me to do so, you know.)

I only had an apple on my way out to the post office. But while our van is warming up, I did bring out our trash bin by the curbside for tomorrow's pick up. Not much garbage in it, though.

From the post office, I drove to the Commissary to buy groceries. Arriving there after 15-20 minutes, I decided to fill up gas on our van prior to going to the Commissary store.

Pushing my grocery cart from one aisle to another, I bumped into a friend, Harold, from Holy Angels'. He was there shopping, too. We had a brief conversation. Just like the old times when we were attending Masses at Holy Angels' years ago. He asked how's my family. I told him we're doing well. I mentioned him about my two kids who are both working now, in two different places. When he asked about my wife, I told him, "she's busy in school, as usual." Anyway, we had to continue our shopping.

I couldn't believe it. I ended up paying more than $150 for the groceries! Well, what can I say but that's the way it is when you're shopping for food supplies for a week or more. Even if you stick to your shopping list there are times when you buy some stuff that come along in the process. At least, we have provisions for a week or two. Thanks to God!

On my way back home from the Commissary, I was enjoying my cinnamon swirl bun with water. I'm aware of my driving that I did drive slowly below the speed limit. I've come to realize now that there's no need to beat the speed limit or over because we'll get to our destination anyway in time. Yes, safety is everybody's responsibility. And, that we have to stay focused and not to get distracted by anything. (I know there are drivers out there who are reckless and crazy or "tarantado" and "kaskasero." They try to cut you off, overtake you, provoke you, etc.) We have to keep or maintain our cool, man! It's not worth having an accident that could be so destructive or fatal, you know. Again, safety is everyone's responsibility.

Now, you ask me, what's for dinner, my friend? Well, before I answer that (question) I have to unload my grocery, okay? And, after that, I nuked that one slice of leftover pizza from D-ville for my late lunch. Okay, I'm ready to prepare something for dinner. My dear folks and friends, I'm proud to tell you that I cooked beef stew and steamed white rice. In addition, we still have that leftover blackeye peas with "alokon" yesterday. Still tastes good, you know. Yes, we're ready to set the table. (Actually, as I've revealed to you before in my previous (older) post, I don't need to wait for my household once I've cooked a dish. I always eat after cooking because I feel like the food is better once it's newly-cooked. You know what I mean.) Ah the red wine, bring it on, man! I need it. I always have a good appetite, I don't know why. I love eating. Especially if I were the one who prepared the meal. Yay, my pants are getting tighter! Yap, I'm getting full. I don't think I still have (room or) the stomach for that dessert. Thank you anyway. Thank you, good and gracious God!

Well, this is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Take care and Have a wonderful day, everyone! As always, May God bless us all!-chris a. quilpa, 24Oct2012






No comments:

Post a Comment