Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bored, I'm... Not!


Never a dull moment for me, especially now that I retired. I know, I have a lot to catch up. I have a lot to learn and to know. At home, I've been surrounded with books, reading materials scattered everywhere. Too many books and informative reading materials to read but we have 24 hours a day, or more? What's my top priority at the moment? What's important and less or not so?

Thanks to God that I have this laptop that keeps me going til I'm dog tired. (Again and again, Thanks to my nephew Tony in CA and my family and friends all over who are my inspiration to continue to stay alive and well.

As I try to live the present moment well, I realized that I have to focus on what I want to do at the present moment, i.e., reading, watching videos, movies in YouTube, listening, singing, dancing, walking, blogging, cooking, loafing, not doing anything, you name it. This is the thing with being retired, and free, I believe. I have the time or no time to do this or that. I may be right or not if I say that I am in control of my life, I think. I have a choice, therefore I have a voice. And vice versa.

Bored, you may say, I am...Not really! There's always something for me to do because I try my best to keep busy, unless my mental faculties fail  me. Unless I'm totally incapacitated, physically. For as long as I have my sanity and sensibility, I would do what I want to do, as long as I don't violate any law that are still in force, valid and not obsolete. I will continue to uphold the dignity of human life. I will continue to try to be good to myself and others, to treat myself the way I want others to treat me. But I will continue to be tact and vigilant of my surroundings and environs. As much as possible, I don't want to intimidate because I don't want others to intimidate me. How's that, folks?

I trust the Lord, my God. I don't need to worry about anything  for, I know, He takes care of me. And, if I don't wake up tomorrow when I sleep tonight, so be it. I have done what I have to do. But if I wake up tomorrow, I will do what I can to live my life well. I'd continue to pray, to give thanks, to listen, to observe, to watch, to learn, to know, to read, to write, to blog, to cook, to eat, to loaf, to do nothing...I refuse to be bored. I think, I'm busy, even when I'm asleep. I know, there's so much stuff/things to do. I can't let myself be bored. How about you, folks, out there? are you tied up with your life?

Loosen up. Chill out, as they say. Smile and laugh out life aloud if you can. Life is too short and we've got one life to live (like that daytime soap on ABC!). Let's do what we can/have to do to make a difference in the world, okay? Let's keep busy doing something, or nothing, so we can't be bored, can we?

Thanks for not being bored with me. Aha, it's tea time. Let's have a cup of tea. And a slice of that cake ("Stollen") from Germany, please. Thank you. I do appreciate your company. Take care.-chris a. quilpa, 09Jan2011

No comments:

Post a Comment