Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Expressing Gratitude to Mr. Andrew Giermak

This morning, I thought of sending a short letter to the editor (of Suffolk News-Herald, Mr. Res Spears III) expressing my gratitude to Mr. Andrew Giermak, sports editor. So, here's the content of that letter:

Dear Mr. Spears,

At the outset, I wish you and your family, and your staff at Suffolk News-Herald "Happy, Healthy and Lucky New Year 2012!"

I'm Chris A. Quilpa, a veteran US Navy retired, who has lived in North Suffolk, with my family, for over a decade now. Back in 2008, I've been a "volunteer" contributor-writer for the Suffolk's paper writing letters to the editor and eventually column articles. (My column articles usually appeared on Thursdays, along with former SNH staff-writer Lauren Wicks'.) I'd love to continue to share with you my thoughts about life, and things, from my blog. Hopefully, and prayerfully, you'll consider them for publication in SNH.

I don't know personally Mr. Andrew Giermak. But I've read some of his write-ups and seen the photos that accompanied his articles. There was that one chance to meet and briefly talk to him personally (I guess he was on duty at that time) when I dropped by at SNH office one weekday in 2008, with my wife. That was the only time I saw him.

Perusing the January 4, 2012 edition of SNH, and reading Mr. Giermak's last column, I was surprised, and saddened, to know that he is leaving SNH for a new assignment/position in Sanford Herald, in central North Carolina. Well, allow me then to thank him for his years at SNH, covering sports events around Suffolk's schools and writing about them. Likewise, I'd like to congratulate him and wish him continued success in his profession.

We all know that in life we have transitions, that we have to move on to find our "niche under the sun," as they say. Of course, when there's an opportunity coming our way, especially for possible professional growth and development, and advancement, we grab it after much thought and consideration. We don't hesitate to take the risk, and consequences of our decisions, because we basically want to become successful, to get better in life. we dare to take the risk because we can. We can become better by moving on with our life. and as long as we have life, hope, perseverance, and determination to change and to accept change in our lives, we'll succeed in the end.

Again, I thank you, Mr. Giermak, for all your efforts, making Suffolk News-Herald a popular, well-written and read (and an award-winning)  city/community newspaper that it is.Thank you for profiling our star athletes and their teams and helping to make their career in the sports world a reality. You will be sorely missed. That's for sure. I wish you all the best in your future endeavor.

And, lastly, I'd like to thank all of you at SNH for all that you do to make our community/society well-informed and get abreast with the latest local news and useful information. Thank you so much. have a nice day/blessed weekend!

Very respectfully,

Chris A. Quilpa
chris.a.quilpa@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment