Search This Blog

Thursday, July 18, 2013

What A Warm Day in D-ville, with Tintin!

Good Thursday, everyone! Wow! What a bright, sunshiny, warm day today here in D-ville! I'm not complaining at all and don't get me wrong, my dear folks and friends. I'm just stating what I observe; it's something that's a fact. Summer, after all, is in full swing over here in the northern hemisphere and elsewhere. So, whether we like it or not, we have to deal with it. Period.

This morning, Tintin, Freny and I drove around downtown D-ville. Then, when lunchtime came we decided to eat at another Biscuitville location (last time it was along Riverside St., sans Tintin). The fact is, I went ahead at the restaurant while my two lovely ladies went to pay Internet bill at Comcast office.

Sitting beside one of the available rectangular wooden tables, waiting for my food (I ordered steak sandwich combo), I busied myself watching the latest news on the TV screen mounted on one of the corners of the restaurant building. That time, I happened to talk to Lolita, the restaurant's district manager, who seemed busy writing a report? But, even though she was busy, she was gracious enough to listen and talk to me...very much engaged in a conversation. From our brief conversation, I learned that the family and locally-owned Biscuitville was established in 1966 and, to date, has 58 locations, mostly in Greensboro, NC, where the restaurant founder/owner originated. Fresh biscuits, friendly folks...that's what Biscuitville is about.

After I've eaten my food, Freny and Tintin showed up. No, I didn't or haven't ordered their food yet at that time because I don't know what they like to order. Besides, I don't want their food to be cold.
When Freny asked me if I ordered their food, I said no. And so that's when I handed her my $100 bill to purchase whatever lunch sandwiches they so desire to eat. But prior to that, I informally introduced Freny and Tintin to Lolita. The three had a nice rapport, too.

After lunch, we went back to Tintin's apartment because Tintin is scheduled to go back to C-ville for her ongoing In-service training with fellow college advisers. She just took a day off for today. (Actually at the time that I'm writing this post, and uploading the photos, she already left D-ville for C-ville at 5 p.m. today.)

Well, here are the photos I've taken today, with Tintin with us, this warm and sunshiny Thursday.














                             Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

This is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Thanks for visiting my blog. Take care and have a safe and blessed day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless US and keep US safe from harm always!"-chris a. quilpa, 18 July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment