Search This Blog

Friday, July 12, 2013

Brunch@Tintin's (with Photos)

Good Friday, everyone! How are we all doing today? Good. Thank God, we're alive and well, listening, praying the rosary, cooking and eating brunch at Tintin's in D-ville, and giving thanks to the Almighty Father-God for all the bountiful blessings we have and continue to receive.

(NOTE: As I'm writing this blog post, I've been praying-listening to the rosary online...Check out this website, folks and friends: www.comepraytherosary.org)

We're glad and thankful that summer rain has stopped, for now, in D-ville.  (It appears like it may continue to do so again sometime today just by looking outside from the kitchen's window. It's overcast...no sunrise over D-ville today! Anyway, whatever the weather is, we just let it be because it's beyond our control.) The fact is, it was raining cats and dogs last night. And we even received a Weather Alert from our smart phones regarding possible flash flood in the area, especially in the low-lying areas of D-ville. Hope and pray everything is alright for all of us, folks and friends, near or far.

Before 6:00 o'clock this morning, I was already wide awake. (After using the restroom, I went back to the room where Freny was still soundly asleep. I took my morning medicine (one for maintaining blood pressure) and then walked my way to the living room where I turned the night light or lampshade off. Then, I proceeded to the kitchen and prepared something for breakfast/brunch. First, on a small pan, I poured half-a-cup of Quaker Oats (100% whole grains, old fashioned) and 3-4 cups of water...let it soaked for five-ten minutes before cooking it. Why do I do this and not directly cook it right away? Soaking the whole grain oats in the proper amount of water for a few minutes lessens cooking time, which will translate to saving time and a little bit of $ (less energy consumption, that is). This thing, I've already experienced it, and compared it as to cooking time. (If you don't believe me, try it and see what happens.) Again, this is just me. I'm just sharing (with) you, my dear folks and friends, what I've been doing.

What else did I have in mind to prepare for breakfast or "brunch" today. Omelet...yes! So, I prepared the ingredients needed: eggs, chopped onion, Delifresh, Mesquite turkey breast, coated with seasoning (sliced into small pieces). No, we didn't have green (bell) pepper and tomatoes. That's fine. I can deal with it, without the ones mentioned above. I already envisioned what my omelet looks like...Here's the finished product below...Bon apetit! Yummy! (I've done cooking and set the table. The only thing that I have to do is to wake up Freny so we can partake the grace from God.)















  Now, Freny is awake...Yes, I'm ready to enjoy my omelet! Or, let me say, come on, join us with our brunch@Tintin's...Thank God, we're alive and blessed...

Well, this is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Thanks for your time. Take care and have a fantastic Friday, wherever you guys are...! As always, I pray, "May God bless US and keep US safe from harm always!"-chris a. quilpa, 12 July 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment