Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Out for Lunch@Hardee's in Chesapeake Today

Good Tuesday, everyone! June is gone and done. Hello and Welcome, July! Thak God, we're alive and well, and blogging again! Hope you, my dear folks and friends, are doing great, as usual.

Although you don't have a need to know, I  just remind you guys, at the outset, that there have been times that I miss or don't eat breakfast. That's your choice, you (might) say. It's true. I just don't feel like eating breakfast, at times and, I think I've said this before in my previous blog post, that I only eat twice a day. But there are times that I munch (or nibble whatever that's available in our kitchen and/or pantry) in between meals. That's just me, you know.

Like this morning, I didn't feel like eating breakfast. But I longed or wanted to have lunch outside. That's what happened, my dear folks and friends. I already alerted Freny (who was downstairs this morning while I was using the restroom in our bedroom) to be prepared or get dressed. Now, as soon I was done doing my regular thing, I changed clothes, from sleep wear to casual. Then, I went downstairs. To my disappointment, she wasn't ready. She was trying to hand me a cup of oatmeal with organic milk, I believe. I didn't take it because I didn't feel like eating it. Besides, it's past noontime. It means, it's lunchtime. So, I got out of the house to warm up my oldie but goodie Avalon, while waiting for her to get dressed. I said to myself, if she wouldn't show up after fifteen minutes I'd go solo, have lunch by myself. But she showed up afterwards. So, we're on the road and stopped by at Hardee's where we enjoyed our lunch. Tintin and Rose joined us later. (See the photos below...Thank you.)

You know, my dear folks and friends, I can compromise, too. But, when I've set something in mind, and I know and I believe that it's a good thing for me...to be out there, of the house, once in a while, and try to live (in) and enjoy the present moment well, I have to do it, to actualize the plan that I've made. That's just me. You'll never know what's out there 'til you're out there. There's always something to learn when you're out there, away from your house, even for a while.

Yes, none can prevent me or stop me from realizing what I've planned to do. Just like what happened to me when I was younger, trying to learn more about life...I made it a point before, when I was still back in my birthplace, that I have to have my college degree and beyond, whatever it takes and whatever the cost is. That is, as long as I don't violate any law of the land...And I did it! I earned my college degree, with hardwork and perseverance, and patience and diligence. Poverty, to me, isn't a hindrance to my educational plan. I challenged myself, bearing in mind to be the first in my family to finish college. And I did, thank God! No pain, no gain! With a lot of sacrifice and suffering, burning the midnight oil, enduring so much hardship...I liberated myself from ignorance, and mediocrity?

Wow, where did I go that I've been rambling here? You guys should have stopped me for being off-tangent, huh? Well, let me end this post by saying that I'm sharing with you photos that I've taken today while dining at Hardee's with Freny. Later on, daughter Tintin and sis-in-law Rose joined us...

This is all for now. Until next time around, my dear folks and friends. Thanks for your time. Take care and Have a wonderful day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless us and keep us all safe from harm always!"-chris a. quilpa, 02 July 2013


















                        Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

No comments:

Post a Comment