Search This Blog

Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Day After Fourth of July

NOTE: This blog post was written yesterday in D-ville, the day after Fourth of July. I wasn't able to post it right away due to Internet problem/accessibility at Tintin's.

Good Friday, everyone! Thank God, we're alive and well. Hope you had an exciting, fun-filled, and spectacular Fourth of July.

How did I celebrate Independence Day yesterday? Just simply and quietly, with humble prayer and thanksgiving, with Freny and Tintin at the latter's place in D-ville. We ate food, of course. Enough to sustain us through the night and in the early morning. We had strawberry cake and watermelon, and bottled water for dessert. That's all. Tintin's next-door neighbor, a middle-aged black lady by the name of Alese, joined us when Freny called her, with intention that we all get to know more of each other. We shared our food which she graciously accepted. Then Freny gave her something as a token of their friendship, our friendship---a small tote bag with goodies inside and that copy of our city's newspaper in which my article "Celebrating Independence and Freedom" appeared, featuring also my poem The Fourth of July. That's our Fourth of July...getting acquainted with and displaying goodness and a sense of unity and brotherhood to our new friend, Alese,Tintin's next-door neighbor.

This morning, I woke up early, took my morning medicine, and listened to music in the living room, while Freny was still in bed. and so was Tintin in her bed. While still listening to music, I cooked oatmeal for breakfast. After I was done, I ate...didn't wait for the two girls because they're still sleeping. Afterwards, I did read and edit what I've written so far on my Sticky Notes since yesterday, prior to copying it or transferring it to my blog.

As soon as the two woke up, and were eating breakfast, I prepared myself, changed clothes and then ready for this morning's agenda...to go to D-ville's Public Library (See photos below) and then to the COMCAST office which is across the street from the said library building. There at the library, I posted my blog post written last night at Tintin's. Likewise, I embedded some selected photos from yesterday's road trip to D-ville. While there, I took also a couple of pictures. At COMCAST office, we inquired about Internet and cable TV service/s, how much will it cost monthly, etc.

Lunchtime came. We decided to go "Mexican" this time. Tintin led us to San Marcos Mexican Restaurant because she has been there before, she said. (Btw, see our photos below!) Out of the menu, I picked that lunch specials they have. Freny and Tintin had each a separate order. In addition to my order, we had 12 pieces of hot chicken wings as our appetizers. I also had fresh salad, and sweet iced-tea. The two just had each a glass of water. You bet, I did take photos while dining there.

Whew, it's hot and humid out here in D-ville today! After lunch, we went to a department store where we bought some things for Tintin's apartment. It was kind of a shopping spree this afternoon. Mind you, we went from one store to another. At another store, we bought Tintin inexpensive rugs for her apartment. Then, we're back to Tintin's place...tired and exhausted, especially me. At that time, I was experiencing a little discomfort. Probably because of the hot weather. Well, nothing we can do about it except to stay indoors and just relax, and let time pass by.

We arrived at Tintin's past 5:00 o'clock...tired, exhausted I was, as I've said. I have no idea how the two felt. They must be tired, too, I guess. Anyway, we're back home...Tintin was trying to figure out how to activate our intrnet. She tried several times but to no avail, She said she couldn't get wireless internet or WiFi. So she contacted COMCAST costumer service for help and assistance. (Little did we know that we're talking to people (customer service representatives) thousands of miles away. Call centers from all around the world, that is. In the end, we learned there'll be someone to come and install that modem and router? Finally, what's resolved was that the schedule date for that guy to come over Tintin's...next week (Thursday) between 3-5 p.m.

Dinnertime...we had that left-over hot chicken wings and rice, and watermelon, and left-over strawberry cake, and strawberry shortcake ice cream. But, of course, as always we prayed before and after eating.

Well, this is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Thanks for your time. Take care and have a wonderful weekend, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless US and keep US safe from harm always!"-chris a. quilpa, 05 July 2013 (Btw, enjoy the photos below!)




















                                    Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

P.S. We'll see you later...probably by the time you read this it will be posted in 757 tomorrow. Good day/night, everyone!-caq






No comments:

Post a Comment