Search This Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday Mass, Shopping & Dining Out in D-ville

I'm always looking forward to Sunday, each week. Why Sunday? It's my favorite day of the week. It's a special day for me to live out my Faith with others in prayer, songs, thanksgiving and fellowship, and a day to dine out with my wife, and other members of my family, when available. It's a special day off for me and others for church worship and relaxation, in short.

At nine, this morning, my wife Freny and I attended Sunday Mass at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in D-ville. Priest-celebrant was Rev. Fr. Anthony, Sacred Heart's pastor, with seminarian Jamie, assisting. After Mass, there was coffee and doughnut (and cookies/pastries) fellowship in the church's hallway/lobby. We had an opportunity to talk to a couple of Filipino American parishioners (the ones we came to know last year when we attended a Christmas party they sponsored there), in addition to meeting a number of other parishioners there like Joe, Jessica, and Tyler. Also, we met again members of Knights of Columbus, like Charles or Bud, at the fellowship. (Bud, knowing that I'm also a K of C member, was inviting me to join their council there.) We would have wanted to meet or shake hands with Fr. Anthony, after Mass, but he was busy talking to other parishioners. But we were fortunate to have talked briefly to Brother Jamie, the seminarian assigned there this summer.

From the church, we went shopping (spree) and dining out. Stores we visited were Ross, Home Depot, and Marshalls. We bought some goodies and home decor for Tintin's apartment. (I got five shirts from Marshalls.) Past noontime, we ate lunch buffet at Golden Corral. Then, we went back to Tintin's apartment, tired but had a good time...Thank God, we're alive and well...

So, allow me to share with you now, at this time, some of the photos I've taken today. Enjoy!


























                        Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

Well, my dear folks and friends, this is all for now. Thank you for your time. Until next time around. Take care and have a blessed and peaceful day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless US and keep US safe from harm always!"-chris a. quilpa, 21 July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment