Search This Blog

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Church and Lunch with Freny and Tintin

Good Sunday, everyone! Thank God, we're alive and well, and blogging again! Hope you have a great time.

My wife  Freny, daughter Tintin, and I participated in today's Mass at our parish, St. Paul's Catholic Church in downtown Portsmouth. I tried to welcome our parishioners as they come to church. I smiled at them, opened the entrance or main door of the church as I let them in. "Good morning. Welcome to St. Paul's." (Rose, Freny's sister and my sis-in-law, wasn't with us because of her part-time work schedule. She said she'd attend Mass at Resurrection sometime today. Resurrection is one of four clustered parishes in the region.)

Rev. Fr. David, our pastor, celebrated the Mass with us. We sang hymns and Gospel songs. We prayed to and praised God. We listened to God's Word read by assigned volunteer lectors, and then Fr. David. We listened to Fr. David's homily or sermon. We participated in the Holy Communion and received the Holy Eucharist. Talked briefly to our friends Mike and Myrna, telling them we're leaving the church early. They know and understand. (The three of us left the church after the Sacrament of Holy Communion, and before Fr. David's final blessings, because Tintin is scheduled to play piano in a Christian Baptist church in Norfolk today at 11:00 o'clock.)

Freny drove our way to Norfolk for Tintin's assignment today. As usual, we entered into the downtown tunnel---that route that takes you to Va Beach, too. Ten minutes before eleven, we arrived at our destination. This time, we participated in the church worship service there, again, like last time. True, we always participate in the worchip service each time Tintin plays piano there, every other Sunday, except when Tintin has other scheduled activity relative to her regular work as a college adviser in D-ville. Again, as usual, people (majority of them senior citizens) in that congregation, including the pastor, Rev. Dan, were glad or eager to see and welcome us to the church service.

After the church we drove back to Portsmouth where we ate lunch at a Chinese Buffet restaurant. See the photos I've taken today.

                                    Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa
After lunch, we went home because Tintin has to go to C-ville this afternoon. She and fellow college advisers have a scheduled in-service training starting this afternoon until first week of August. But we'll see her in D-ville after ten days to take care of something. Then, she said she'll go back again to C-ville, after two days, to rejoin with her colleagues. Freny and I might hang around in D-ville, perhaps. We'll see. NOTE: As I started writing this blog post, Tintin was busy preparing for her stuff. At 4 p.m. she left the house for C-ville. We wish her a safe trip, reminded her to drive safely. God bless her and watch over her as she's en route to C-ville on a hot and humid day as today, in high temp of low 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Whew, summer is in full swing, man! Thank God, our A/C unit is working just fine!

Well, my dear folks and friends, this is all for now. Thanks for your time with me. Until next time around. Take care and have a pleasant day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless US and keep US safe from harm always!"-chris a. quilpa, 07 July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment