Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2013

Grocery-Shopping @Food Lion in D-ville

Good day, everyone!

Watermelon: A Summer Indulgence is what I titled initially/originally on my blog post today. Then, on the final thought, I opted for Grocery Shopping @Food Lion. No, I'm not endorsing Food Lion to customer-shopper nor anyone. And no, I'm not getting anything from the chain grocery store, except for discount for having a Food Lion customer card.

Yes, Freny and I did go grocery-shopping at the above-mentioned grocery store this late afternoon, here in D-ville. The said store is just a stone's throw away from Tintin's apartment, very convenient. But we drove our Sienna, anyway.

Watermelon (seedless) and ice cream, and a loaf of bread (100% whole wheat) were on the top of our grocery list. But, once you're in the store, you ended up buying other yummy stuff, which may not seem healthy. So, aside from the items I've mentioned, we also got the following: a bag of frozen cooked shrimp (medium size), a half-gallon orange juice, gala apples (4 pieces), a bag of onions, lemon three-layer cake, and pork chops (which Freny is now cooking/deep-frying for our dinner, in addition to our left-over shrimp-mixed vegetable that she cooked for lunch, as I'm writing this blog post and uploading photos I've taken today).

The photos are now ready to be embedded here in my blog post. So, without delay and with my permission, here are the photos that I've taken today for your viewing delight. The album starts from Tintin's apartment to the grocery store and back to Tintin's. Enjoy!




















                       Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

My dear folks and friends, near or far, this is all for now. Freny is calling on me now to end this blog post because it's dinnertime! Yes, she's done cooking! Pork chops, anyone? Can't wait for the watermelon, too. And possibly ice cream? What a summer delight! Thank God, we're alive and well. And vacationing, too...miles and miles away from home, stress-free!

Until next time around. Thanks for visiting my blog. Take care and have a blessed and peaceful day/night, everyone. As always, I pray, "May God bless US and keep US safe from harm always!"-chris a. quilpa, 19 July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment