Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Participating in Mass@St. Paul's and Eating Out@Taco Bell

Good Sunday, everyone! Hope and pray that you've had a blessed and peaceful Sunday.

This morning at 9:30, Freny and I, and sis-in-law Rose participated in today's Mass at our parish, St. Paul's Catholic Church in historic downtown Portsmouth. (See embedded photos below.) Newly-ordained diocesan priest and our new parochial vicar, Rev. Fr. Gino, celebrated the solemn Mass with us. Observably and understandably, the neophyte young clergy officiated the Mass cautiously and a little bit slowly. But that's okay with me. I understand, he's still adjusting to his new responsibility as parochial vicar of four clustered parishes, namely, St. Paul's Catholic, Church of the Resurrection, Church of Holy Angels, all in Portsmouth, and St. Mary's  Catholic in Chesapeake. Normally, it takes at least an hour of Sunday church worship service/Mass. But today, it took about an hour and twenty minutes for the whole Liturgical rite to be over. As I've said, I understand where Fr. Gino is coming from, being a new priest to the diocese and to our clustered parishes.

Before the Mass, I had the opportunity to talk briefly to our jolly friend-parishioners Jim and Martha, and fellow Knights of Columbus member Gurney, aka Zeke, who informed me that one of our fellow clustered parishioners Regina (she used to be one of our colleagues in the church choir at Holy Angels) has passed away. She's such a friendly, lively woman! I think she's in her late 80s or early 90s. I know, she had gone through a lot of medical problems. One time, when I was still active duty and working at Naval Medical Center in Portsmouth (NMCP), I happened to see her in the hallway walking and we had a pleasant chat that time. She's such an amazing woman of faith! (At this moment, I pray: May the soul of the faithful departed Regina, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.)

After Mass, we said "Have a nice day, Father!' as we shook hands with our new parochial vicar, Rev. Fr. Gino who was at the front door of the church trying to meet and greet us parishioners as we were leaving the church building. We also had a brief encounter with our friends and fellow parishioners like Mike and Myrna, and two lovely black ladies who are always highly-spirited, like fellow Extraordinary Minister for Holy Communion (EMHC) volunteer and lector Delores.

From the church, we decided to have lunch at the nearest Taco Bell restaurant, the one in Chesapeake. As you know, we love eating out, especially on Sundays after church. But, of course, I did take photographs of today's events. So, for all of you, dear folks and friends, here are the photos I've taken today...Enjoy! And thanks, everyone, for visiting my blog today.














Copyright 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

Well, this is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Take care and have a blessed and peaceful day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless US and keep US safe from harm always!"-chris a. quilpa, 28 July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment