Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Back to D-ville, Again!

Good day, everyone! It's Thursday and we're glad and thankful that we're alive, breathing, and blogging again. And, away from home to D-ville, again!

Yes, you guys heard it...Freny and I are in D-ville once again, after three-and-a-half hours on the road. We left our place at about 8:00 o'clock this morning and arrived at Tintin's apartment almost noontime. No, Tintin isn't here with us. She's in C-ville where she and fellow college advisers are having a month-long In-service training pertinent to their job in preparation for the coming school year 2013-14.

Why are we here again, you ask me? Just to get away from it all...even for a few days, say a week, maybe? Another reason is that we're expecting someone from the cable TV company, COMCAST, to install wireless internet or WiFi at Tintin's apartment between 3-5 p.m. today. We had gone to their office a week ago and signed up for the internet service but when we tried to install the modem, etc, it didn't work. So we made an appointment for someone to check it out personally why we're not having access to WiFi. Anyway, we went back to 757 the following day, Saturday, because Tintin was scheduled to play piano in a church Sunday in Norfolk. And after that she has to drive to C-ville that Sunday afternoon for the scheduled In-service training with her colleagues.

Remember, my dear folks and friends, it's summertime over here in Northern Hemisphere and elsewhere, and it's in full swing. Now, although Freny and I are only two at Tintin's , we're free to just relax, chill out and have a good time, quality time for ourselves as a couple. As I mentioned in my blog post yesterday, Freny and I did have a lunch date at Chili's in Chesapeake, after doing errands. But, of course, we deserve it...our spending time together, just the two of us, away from home. And we're loving and enjoying it so far!

Well, upon arrival in D-ville, we stopped by at a supermarket to buy groceries. We bought seedless watermelon, cantaloupe, green beans, bread, Italian sausage, organic milk (2% reduced fat), cheese, deli turkey, and Pepsi, Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper.

At Tintin's, Freny prepared for our lunch, after we've unloaded our stuff and groceries and after I've turned the AC unit on because it felt hot and humid around. Then, as I was composing myself, trying to rest a little bit, feeling tired, I had to change my sweaty shirt and pants. Man, I felt exhausted!

After lunch, I uploaded the photos I've taken today while listening to music from my laptop's playlist. About 3:20 p.m., someone was knocking at our door. It's the COMCAST guys. So, we let them in, offered something for them to drink...They opted for bottled water. And, in ten-fifteen minutes, they did what they're supposed to do...Finally, we have it! Yes, we're having WiFi now! Thank God for these two white guys, Tom, 65, and Chris, in his mid 40s. We thanked them for coming over and install our Internet connection via Xfinity?

Now, let me see...try to log on to my laptop. Yes, we're connected again...Thank God. Thank you, Jesus!

Okay, my dear folks and friends, this is all for now. Until next time around. Thank you for your time. Take care and have a nice day, everyone! As always, I pray, "May God bless US and keep US safe from harm always!"-chris a. quilpa, 11 July 2013

P.S. Here's me, sharing with you the photos from our road trip to D-ville. Enjoy!

























                          Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

No comments:

Post a Comment