Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

On Paying Bills and Dining Out (w/ Photos)

Good day, everyone! How's everybody doing on this wonderful Wednesday? Great. Thank God, we're alive and well. And here again...blogging!

The title of this blog post tackles two things, obviously. Bills, not that part of the bird's, are certainly a fact of life Bills about this and that...different kinds of bills. Let's mention some here: electric bill, water and sewer bill, natural gas bill (aka utility bills), TV cable bill, telephone bill, Internet bill? Now, the question is how do we pay our bills? Paperless, automatic draft? By mail?

I don't know about you, my dear folks and friends, but I pay my bills both by mail and automatic draft payment. Our telephone and Internet, mobile bill, and water and sewer bills are paid by mail; electric and natural gas bills are by automatic draft. I don't know why we still use the "snail" mail in which we use stamps (which is not cost-effective, definitely?) Well, this goes to show how we're still cater to the old way of doing business...patronizing the philatelic movement? I know, we could be saving $$ for going all automatic draft payment. I'm just wondering if we're kind of old-fashion, a little laid back with regards to this matter?

Well, you see...this morning, my wife Freny and I went to the nearest post office, after having prepared our bills, eaten oatmeal with 2% reduced fat organic milk for breakfast, and taken a shower. Even if our bills to be mailed have already stamps in them, we still went in, instead of just dropping them on the designated mail collection box. The reason? We purchased a booklet of Forever stamps, although I still have a couple left in my check book.

From the post office, we dropped by at the nearest bank to check our account balances, etc. It was almost 1:00 p.m. when we left the bank. Next, guess where did we head to afterwards? Initially, we thought of going to a fast food restaurant which is only a few blocks from the bank. Eventually Freny and I agreed to go to Chili's in Chesapeake. Yes, we drove to Chili's for a lunch date.

By now, my dear folks and friends, you can surmise how we love dining out. Proof? Those photos I've shared to Facebook for our friends and relatives around the world...aren't they indicative of my interest in dining out? You bet, they are. I do love eating out, especially since I have retired from work eight years ago.
I know how to cook simple dish, don't get me wrong. I do. But, at times, I'm kind of lazy to be cooking...Mind you, even if we have left over home-cooked food from last meal, there are times I prefer to eat simple cheese and turkey sandwich, with a handful of potato chips/crisps. I know, it gets costly to be eating out all the time. But, for convenience, I like eating out. That's just me, these days...Wanna check out what we had at Chili's? Here are the photos I've taken today. Know what? We've dined before here, I guess last week of April, this year. Sis-in-law Rose was with us, and daughter Tintin? We love it there. We'll certainly be back again someday. The place is clean and cozy, and the food, spicy but tasty and excellent!








                             Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

Well, this is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Thanks for the company. Take care and have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone. As always, I pray, "May God bless US and keep US safe from harm always!"-chris a. quilpa, 10 July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment