Search This Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Cold, Chilly, Rainy Sunday in 757

Good Sunday to us all! Thank God, we're alive and well...

How's the weather in your area, folks and friends? Here in Hampton Roads, it's cold, chilly, soggy wet and raining! Hope and pray that those residents or people experiencing bad weather, snowstorm and wintry weather condition are doing well and all safe. I've heard on this evening's news that there are already multiple car accidents on the road or interstate highways blanketed by snow somewhere,  i.e, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Philadelphia, etc. and flight delays and/or cancellations in a number of U.S. airports as a result of these weather conditions. That's kind of unfortunate. I pray that there were no major casualties.

However, in spite of the weather condition we have in 757, the rain didn't dampen our spirit to attend church at our parish. Rev. Fr. David, our pastor of the four clustered parishes including St. Paul's, was the officiating priest. He was also the one who welcomed us and fellow parishioners at the front door or facade of the church building prior to Mass. Now, as volunteer Eucharistic Ministers, my wife and I participated in the Holy Eucharist the fact that we were scheduled today to do Cup 3 and 4. That is, we distributed the consecrated wine, or The Blood of Christ, to fellow parishioners at St. Paul's. Btw, today is the second Sunday of Advent. Hence, the second candle on the Advent wreath was lit. 
After Mass, Freny and I didn't know where to eat lunch. Eventually, we've finally decided to go to Target store in Chesapeake where we had Italian sub and ham and turkey cheese sandwiches, and popcorn, sweet iced tea (for her) and soda pop (for me). That is, after we've done a little shopping--- bought some stuff like gift bags and a Christmas decor/sticker. As you know, our dear folks and friends, we've already done our Christmas shopping, and grocery yesterday. Go check my yesterday's blog post, with photos, of course.

Freny and I were sort of lounging after eating or hanging around at the store's Cafe/restaurant, while taking snapshots of us and observing customers passing by. At least, that's what I did. For the duration of time that we're there, I've noticed or realized a number of the shoppers, adults most especially, appeared kind of obese or overweight. No offence to people with overweight problems. I'm just stating the fact. 

While still at Target, I did try to share our photos to our Facebook friends, using my mobile phone. I also took pictures using my digital camera.
Well, below are the photos we've taken today. Hope you liked them. Enjoy!

















Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa
That's all, for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around...Thanks, everyone, for reading/visiting my blog. Take care and have a peaceful and relaxing day. May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 12.087.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment