Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

Pre-Christmas Get-Together

Hi, everyone! Happy holidays! Merry Christmas! Hope you're ready to welcome and share the Spirit of the Season.

1. It's a rainy Monday today in Hampton Roads. It feels like a lazy Monday, to me. Nevertheless, there's this Christmas carols heard from videos (playlist) on YouTube that up to now I've been watching/listening to, making my dull moment bearable. I've got to cheer up myself because of this fibromyalgia and chronic lower spine/back pain that's intensely recurring again. But, overall, we're okay. Thank God, we're alive and well...

2. Sunday is one of my favorite days of the week. I think I've mentioned this in one of my previous or older blog posts. Why Sunday, you ask? Let me state the reason/s: For me, it's a special day to have a special appointment and encounter with God and His Beloved Son, our Savior-Redeemer, Jesus Christ. It's a special time to listen to God's Word, the Good News of Salvation, a special moment to go to or be with the Church, praising and giving thanks to our Almighty Father, the Creator. These are my reasons why Sunday is considered my favorite day.

3. Sunday morning at 9:00, my family and I participated in the church worship or Mass at our parish, St. Paul's Catholic Church. It marked the Fourth Sunday of Advent, the fourth week in anticipation for the feast of the Nativity of Jesus, who became Man and dwelt among us. Btw,the Sunday morning Mass was officiated by Rev. Fr. David, our pastor. Even if I weren't scheduled that time to minister the Holy Communion, I was needed and I didn't hesitate to render my service. One of the Eucharistic Ministers of Holy Communion didn't show up and so there I was with other volunteer lay Eucharistic ministers distributing the consecrated Host or The Body of Christ to the church choir members. It's always a humbling experience to be sharing The Body of Christ to others.    

4. After Mass, my family and I went to NEX/Commissary where we ate brunch at Subway there, then did some shopping, too. (First photos, taken by my Windows phone, were initially shared to our Facebook folks, family, and friends.) You'll see a number of selfies embedded here below.

5. Getting reconnected (to family members, folks, and/or friends who may have drifted away) is one of the activities that we can do, especially this season of Advent. That is exactly what we did yesterday, Sunday night, at the Harrisons in Chesapeake. Simply stated, we had a reunion. Yes, we did have fun, food, festive moments, and fellowship with Dan and Zeny, our friend-hosts. Thank you, Dan and Zeny, for your gracious hospitality and endearing friendship.We're looking forward to your presence, too, on Christmas Day at home.

6. Now, it's time to show/share with you our photographs documenting the Sunday events in our life. Here they are, my dear folks and friends...


































  Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

That's all for now, folks and friends. Thanks for reading/watching my blog. May God bless US always! Again, Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas and A Happy, Healthy New Year!-chris a. quilpa, 12.23.2013


No comments:

Post a Comment