Search This Blog

Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday Night Dining

Good Friday night, everyone! Hope you have a lovely, peaceful night.

Taking a break from cooking/preparing for an evening meal is a good idea, in my opinion. Especially on a day like this---cloudy and unseasonably warm Friday, similar to yesterday, around Hampton Roads. (But tomorrow's weather is gonna be different---cooler, per the weather forecasters.)

Yeah, that's what I did today/night---no cooking. Honestly, I don't feel like it. Translation: I'm lazy today. So, I say, give me a break, will ya? Thank you.

When my wife called me on my cell phone this afternoon at about 4:30, informing me that she's on her way home from her school-work, I suggested that we would just dine out tonight because I didn't feel like cooking or preparing something for dinner. What else would she say but to comply. She agreed. (Btw, before she left the house for school-work this morning, she remarked, "yey, TGIF!" Where are you gonna treat me? I wasn't able to answer her because I was kinda half-awake when she gave me a kiss.)

Since I was ready casually to go out tonight, I waited then for her to get home. In thirty minutes, she's home, along with her sister Rose. I wasn't aware that they stopped by at a Chinese restaurant and bought food. I felt bad because I've already made up my mind to eat out and go Mexican tonight, possibly at Taco Bell.

Meanwhile, Rose didn't go with us because she's scheduled to work at her part-time job. So, driving out we went. But, of course, my wife Freny, who's a veteran driver, was behind the wheel. I couldn't drive at night, due to poor vision, you know, my dear folks and friends.

So, what did Freny and I have for dinner? Burritos, tacos, soft and crunchy, and with a sweet iced tea. Thank God, we're alive and well...dining out on a peaceful, relaxing Friday night. Just the two of us, as the song  goes...

Yeah, we had photos taken. And here they are for the sharing, my dear folks and friends...Enjoy!







Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

 That's all for now and until next time around, my dear and friends. Thank you for reading/visiting my blog. Take care, as usual, and have a wonderful, relaxing weekend. may God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 12.06.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment