Search This Blog

Sunday, December 1, 2013

First Sunday of Advent with Family

Good Sunday to all of US! And thank God that we're alive and well...

It's the first of December, for all we know. The first Sunday of December. The first Sunday of Advent, too, for the Christians, Christian Catholics, etc. Btw, Advent, as far as I know, is the season of hope, of preparation, for the commemoration of the arrival or coming of Christ Jesus into our lives.  

So what do we, Christians, do to prepare ourselves to receive Him, our Inspiration of humility and love, and sacrifice, while hoping for a life that's meaningful and worth-living? Varied and in many ways, my dear folks and friends. Going to church, attending church worship service with my family, is one way, for me, to prepare myself to welcome Him again into my life. Receiving Him, through the Eucharist, on Sundays is regular or routine for me. I believe that I'll be saved and that I'll go to Heaven when the time comes...

So glad and thankful I am to our Almighty Father that our children have been with us this four-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend. We did have a good time, sharing the blessings of family togetherness and solidarity. (Btw, we just celebrated the national/federal holiday, Thanksgiving Day this past Thursday, Nov. 28.)Yes, Andrew and Tintin came home from their respective workplaces. (Tintin just left for D-ville, after Sunday church and lunch today. Andrew, I heard, will hang around in 757 for a few days before going back to his work in The Capital/Land of Mary.)

Today, we did the best we could as a family. We attended church this morning. My wife Freny, daughter Tintin and I were in our Avalon while son Andrew and his aunt Rose were in another car. We all attended Mass at our parish, St. Paul's Catholic Church. Our parochial vicar, Rev. Fr. Gino and Rev. Fr. Eugene of Parish Mission were the celebrants. After the Holy Communion, Freny, Tintin and I left for Norfolk where Tintin has a commitment today, Sunday, at eleven. She's a paid pianist at a Christian church and, unless indicated, she plays piano every other Sunday there. Hence, we left Andrew and his Aunt at St. Paul's. We thought we'd be having lunch together after church but we learned later that Andrew and Rose have decided to have lunch at a Seafood restaurant in Chesapeake. In our case, we decided to just stop by at a Mexican restaurant and buy lunch to go because Tintin is leaving for D-ville this afternoon and that she doesn't want to be on the road late. As you know, during Fall, it gets dark easily in the afternoon even if it's not 4 or 5 pm yet, depending on the weather condition. So, that's what we did today. 

Anyway, before Tintin left 757, we had sort of a  brief family photo session to remind us, one day, that we've been together again as one family this First of December, first Sunday of Advent. Now, here are the results...Enjoy!
























Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

Well, that's it for now. Hope you learned something from my post/presentation today. Until next time around, my dear folks and friends. Thanks, everyone, for reading/visiting my blog. Take care and have a wonderful day/night. May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 12.01.2013 



No comments:

Post a Comment