Search This Blog

Friday, November 29, 2013

Frost on the Morning After Thanksgiving Day

Good Friday, everyone! Brrrr...it's bitterly cold and chilly, while the sun is up there...

As some people were still asleep, while many are or were in stores, shopping malls since last night(?), probably, for the so-called Black Friday, I woke up on this glorious morning with a grateful feeling of hope and life! Glorious, I say, because the sun is up shining brightly from my window pane this morning! And my room is full of positive aura. You know, that kind of positive feeling that makes you burst or rev up, amidst a painful joint or bodily pain. Thank God, we're alive and well...Let light penetrates your being and you feel alive. You feel good at the present moment. What a (strange, unusual) feeling! OMG! Praise be the Lord, Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer!

I went downstairs in my physical conditioning clothes, but with reversed shirt and pants and Nike sleepers. So what did I have in mind? My dear folks and friends, my spacious red-painted wooden deck in my backyard is waiting for me. Opening the door from my eat-in kitchen leading to my fenced backyard, I was delighted to see frost! Yes, thin frost on my wooden deck and on the ground! And the golden sun rising from the East, I believe. It's a cold Friday morning. But, I kept my body warm. I bundled up, I guess.

Outside, I did my morning prayer...prayed my rosary while doing the simplest form of physical conditioning to/for me---walking! Breathing fresh cool air, under a sunny, bright and clear, azure sky, and listening to the pulse of the Earth, I feel so good on the morning after Thanksgiving day! I have a Good Friday. Not a Black Friday in which shopping consumer goods are a big hassle and a (good) deal , for most shoppers looking for bargains and saving them $$$. Who wouldn't, anyway? But most likely, there are people out there who will be disappointed for not getting the item they wanted so much because, by the time they arrived in store, such consumer item is gone! God bless US for all of the consumerism going around the world.

Yes, Almighty God, we're guilty, at times of this indulgence or ideology because we want to fit in, get connected. We want to satisfy not only our needs but also our wants. I guess, it's not that bad, after all, to treat yourself with things that make you look and feel good. Or, is it? As for me, whatever that makes me feel alive and well, why not? I have my belief. I have hope. I try to spend within my means, I believe so. I look and feel good without spending much for my apparel or wardrobe. I can dress up cheaply yet look good, I think.

I live now, in the present moment, trying to enjoy life to the best I can. That's what counts or matters to me, you know. Yesterday was gone and done. Today is the one or the thing that matters to me, appreciating the simple wonders of Mother Nature, like the frost this morning, the sunshine, the cool breeze, the blue sky, a lone bird on a fence, etc. With your imagination, the views from your backyard is complete with a body of calm water from afar, a seashore maybe...Yeah, let your imagination reign...glorious is the day! Again, thank God, we're alive and well...

Now, the photos...Yes, they're here for the sharing...Enjoy!





































































Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

Okay, that's it for now. Thanks, everyone, for reading/visiting my blog. Hope you did learn something from today's blog post. Until then, take care and have a wonderful, restful Thanksgiving holiday weekend. May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 11.29.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment