Search This Blog

Saturday, November 16, 2013

@Marriot's for 2013 VAST PDI, Day 3

Hi, everyone! Good Saturday to us all!

Today is the 3rd/last day of 2013 VAST PDI that my wife Freny and I are here for @Marriot's in Norfolk. For those of you, accidental readers of my blog, especially for those first timers, VAST is Virginia Association of Science Teachers of which Freny is a member. PDI stands for Professional Development Institute. This is a yearly event for Science educators across the Commonwealth of Virginia. It's held in different venues or locations around the state. We've been to this conference before. Next year's event, I learned, will be in Roanoke.

So, this morning, we had breakfast of coffee, muffin, milk, some fruits like cantaloupe, red grapes, honey dew. Now, at the time I'm writing this blog post, Freny is attending a couple of sessions while I'm doing this in the Hotel's lobby. I already checked out or turned our hotel room keys to the front desk because check out time is 11:00 o'clock a.m. Otherwise, we'll be charged extra fee, according to that binder of info in our hotel room.

I notice that several groups of Conference participants have checked out, too, and left the building, while there are still sessions going on. Freny mentioned that the Conference culminates this afternoon with drawing prizes at 3:00 p.m. in the main hall. Some of those exhibitors, I observed, have had their stuff stored in their plastic containers. And they're going up to their hotel rooms. Probably to put all their stuff together as they get ready to check out and go home. Anyway, I would say that the event was well-attended and a success, no doubt about it.

Again, as I've said a while ago, I'm just chillin' out here at the Hotel's lobby while waiting for Freny. No, I'm not bored at all. Can't you tell? With my laptop functioning, how could I? I still have to upload/import the photos I've taken so far since this morning. Hopefully, I'll choose some and embed them here in today's post. How's that?

Well, I've got to sign off now, my dear folks and friends. Oh, btw, while I was in our hotel room in 22nd floor, I did watch CNN and you know what I watched...just to get updated about The Philippines. Based on their reportage of typhoon Haiyan's casualties, there are 3,633 confirmed dead and about one thousand plus people still missing or unaccounted for? I did pray my rosary this morning while still in our hotel room, and, again, I prayed for all the victims and families devastated by typhoon Haiyan. Likewise, I prayed for our US troops, local and international aid/relief workers, and our journalists from different news organizations like BBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. God bless The Philippines! God bless US always! Thank you all of you out there who have extended help and support, and those who continue to help and assist in the recovery efforts. Taos puso po akong nagpapasalamat sa inyong lahat! From the bottom of my heart, I thank you all!

Opppsss, my phone rang. Hello? That's my daughter Tintin who said she's on her way to 757 from C-ville where she spent the night there from D-ville. I learned yesterday that she's in C-ville because they (memebers of Virginia College Advising Corp) have a meeting there yesterday? And they had a dinner at the house of the director of UVA's VCAC? That's good. So, Tintin is coming home because she's scheduled again to play piano for that church here in Norfolk tomorrow? I told her we're still @Marriot's awaiting for the VAST conference to wrap up. Also I reminded her to drive safely and that we're looking forward to see her home this afternoon/early evening, hopefully.

Okay, bye, you guys! Take care and have a wonderful, exciting and fun weekend, everyone! Until next time around...Thank you and bye! Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat! Again, May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 11.16.2013

P.S. Here now are a number of photos I've taken this morning. Some of the photos were taken in our hotel room (22nd floor) just a few hours before I turned our room keys to the front desk..Enjoy!



























Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

No comments:

Post a Comment