Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

On a Cloudy (Election) Day in 757

Good Tuesday, everyone!

It's Election Day today across the US of A! It's a day to elect state/local officials vying for various positions. And, just like yesterday, it's another cool and cloudy day here in Hampton Roads. Btw, how's yours in your area, my dear folks and friends? Hope you're doing well, anyhow.

This morning, I accompanied daughter Tintin to her dental (cleaning) appointment. I know what you have in mind. But I was just following what my wife Freny told me before she left for work this morning.

Afterwards, Tintin and I went to the nearest Hardee's restaurant where we had lunch. We both each had that $5 meal with apple pie in it as dessert. Lunch was good.

From lunch, we stopped by at the post office to drop off a couple of mails. Then, we drove to our designated polling place where we cast our votes. Wow, that was a quick vote! No people in line at the voting place! (I wonder what's the voter turnout at the end of the day In a minute, we're done and given each a sticker "We the People" with the US flag  and below it reads I Voted Today. (See the photos below.) Btw, Freny will go to the polls after her work. She told me last night they (co-teachers) have teachers' work day today in school. No students, though.

Now, as soon as we arrived home, Tintin prepared herself to go back to her workplace. About 1350 or 1:50 p.m., she left 757 for D-ville. I said God bless you always, and wished her a safe travel as I gave her a hug. Reminded her, though, to give me a call when she arrives there safely.

Well, on a cloudy day like this, in Hampton Roads, I did write something, sort of a haiku, at the end of the description of that photo album I just made for our Facebook folks and friends. Thus, it reads...

We are the sunlight
on a cool and cloudy day
let our Light shine on...

(c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa
   
Here's what we're all anticipating for, my dear folks and friends...photos and more photos to capture the mood of the day here in 757. Enjoy!


















 Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

This is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around...Thank you for reading/visiting my blog. Take care and have a peaceful day, everyone! May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 11.05.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment