Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Day After Election 2013

A wonderful Wednesday to us all! "Rejoice and be glad..!" A brand new day is here! Thank God.

Today is such a wonderful day, here in Hampton Roads, there and everywhere..! Thank God for a new day, a bright, cool and sunny day...This morning, I saw the sky is bright and blue, though with scattered white clouds. I saw birds passing through my backyard. I also saw something on my wooden deck. (Check out the photos below.). Yes, my dear folks and friends, it's just another beautiful day today, here in 757, after yesterday's cool and cloudy, and breezy Election Day.

Btw, to all the candidates, and the winners, especially, in this year's election, Thank you and Congratulations for a job well done! You, with hundreds and thousands of your volunteers, did all you can to serve, to win, to be re/elected (for those who sought re/election). Now, for all who got re/elected, start brainstorming with your advisers and assistants on how you can realize or fulfill the promises you've made during your campaign. We didn't forget what you've promised us: create jobs, improve the economy, reform and fund education, equality and justice for all, to name a few. Show us that you're the leader/s we depend on to protect us and our rights. and our environment.

Well, photos I've taken today speak for themselves, you'll see or find out. Majority of them were taken while I was in my backyard, in my wooden deck watching, witnessing the beauty and serenity and the coolness of Mother Nature. Didn't I tell you, guys, I prefer sunrise over sunset? You know so well that I love watching the rising of the sun. It's such an amazing feeling to be out there in the morning, feeling the warmth and energy of the sun....Sooooo, I'm sharing them (my photos) with you with hope that you'll be inspired to take it easy, live life one day at a time, living and enjoying in and cherishing the present moment...
















































I decided to feature here one of my simple poems published in The Sandpointer, the publication of then Naval Station Puget, in Seattle, WA, in late 1980s (or early 1990s?). Btw, there's a story behind its composition/creation. Or shall I ask, what inspired me to write it then? But I won't tell you here. Someday, maybe, I will.







  Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

See the last two photos of a lone grasshopper on my deck, posing before my camera? That's the last thing I encounter this morning while in my backyard.

That's all for today, my dear folks and friends near or far. Thanks for your time reading and visiting my blog.
Until next time around...Take care and have a blessed day, everyone! May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 11.06.2013  

No comments:

Post a Comment