Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hope, Love, & Courage

Hi, everyone!

A few hours ago, I visited my Facebook page, posted or created, and shared a photo album again for today, 11/12/13. I titled the album Hopeful, After Contemplation. This is the description I wrote about the photo album:

"Though I was born and raised in the northern Philippines where my relatives and friends reside, I always have fond memories of my childhood days, especially when it comes to typhoon. (I won't ever forget the day when my family and neighbors sought shelter in our chapel nearby as we were battered by a strong typhoon! Such a vivid recollection I always have and I always will...) Because I've been there, and experienced a challenging life, I feel and have concern and sympathy for those victims and families in the central part of the country devastated by super typhoon Haiyan (last Friday). As a Christian Catholic, I've been praying and hoping for their recovery and rehabilitation; that they continue to have hope, love, and courage to be alive, stand up and face the Light that gives them the strength and stamina to carry on...To those who perished, may they rest in peace. Amen. Thank God for all the generous hearts and nations, and organizations who have extended their prayers, help and support, etc.I continue to pray, God bless The Philippines. And, may God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa"

You guys will see the photos (below) that I've taken this morning, at home, to capture my mood. I was wearing my Orthotrac vest for my lower back pain management. I've been wearing this a couple of years before I retired from the US Navy (2005). In the photos, you'll see my physical conditioning regimen while in my backyard, in my spacious wooden deck where it's open and with the sun shining brightly this morning. (However, our weather condition will change, per weather reportage by local meteorologists from different local TV stations. It will be much cooler tonight and tomorrow, with a possibility of snowflakes or  snow showers?) Likewise, you'll see me sort of contemplating/praying, as I watched the sunlight. Then, inside the house, by my kitchen, you'd see me reading news report on my laptop. But, of course, news about the latest rescue and recovery efforts in the typhoon-struck central Philippines, particularly in Tacloban, Leyte where thousands have been reported dead, and thousands searching/waiting for food, etc.Good God, give them the courage and strength to live and recover...

In the meantime, I'm sharing with you this composition I've also scribbled while I was in my kitchen thinking of what to prepare for our dinner. I haven't given it a title but the title of this post is apt and appropriate, I believe so:

The leaves have fallen
to the ground they're soundless
but their voice is heard!
          ---0---
After the storm, sun
shining in the East again
giving Life to all!
          ---0---
Hope, love, and courage
amidst the desperation
of all those displaced.
          ---0---
Slowly, rise up
head up high and face the Light
and say, "I'm alive!"

(c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

Well, my dear folks and friends, are we ready for my photos? Yessss! Bring them on, Chris! Now, let's see...






























Photos & Texts (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

This is all for now. Until next time around...Thanks for reading/visiting my blog. Take care, everyone, and have a peaceful day! I pray, God bless The Philippines. And, may God bless US always!-chris



  

No comments:

Post a Comment