Search This Blog

Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Prayerful, Thankful Sunday

Good Sunday, everyone!

Thank God, we're alive and well...I've prayed the rosary this morning (and offered my prayer for all victims of typhoon Haiyan and all our local and international relief workers, and our US troops there helping in the relief and rescue efforts), prior to going to church with my wife Freny, and daughter Tintin who happens to be here in 757 this weekend because she's scheduled as a pianist at a Christian church in Norfolk. (She just left a few hours ago for D-ville, where she's been working as a college adviser in a high school there. Hopefully she'll call us soon to let us know she arrived there safe and sound.)

This morning we participated in that 9:30 Mass at our parish, the historic St. Paul's Catholic Church in downtown Portsmouth. Our parochial vicar, Fr. Gino, officiated the Liturgy. He baptized a baby boy during the Mass. As volunteer Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (EMHC), Freny and I distributed or offered the consecrated wine, or The Blood of Christ, to our fellow parishioners. Yes, we're scheduled and that's what we did today.

After Communion, we, three, left the church building early because of Tintin's schedule---to play piano in that Christian church in Norfolk at 11:00 am. Btw, it takes at least 20 minutes drive to reach there via the downtown tunnel. Glad and thankful that we reached our destination safely, but about a couple of minutes late due to that detour in that part of Norfolk. As usual, we're warmly welcomed at that Christian church. And, to our surprised, the pastor urged the congregants to donate something for the typhoon victims in the Philippines, in a special offering collection we had today. Inside me, I was all grateful to our dear and loving Almighty God, our Heavenly Father. Humbly we issued two checks as our donation for the Philippines. And at the end of the church worship service, I personally thanked Rev. Dan for having a well-thought sermon or message, and for his efforts to help the typhoon victims, etc. On the other hand, I'd like to note that we, at St Paul's Catholic Church in Portsmouth, didn't have this type of special offering or donation collection for the Philippines yet. Not to my knowledge as of now, and I wonder why? I don't know...

I thank God for the opportunity to have attended or participated in church worship services twice this Sunday, again. One at our parish, St. Paul's, and the other at a Christian church in Norfolk. I feel extra blessed to have the opportunity to be in two different Christian churches, yet I consider them as the same. Know why? Because  we worship one and the same God; we believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. So, I'm wondering if I may be branded as less Catholic for attending/participating in two church worship services on Sundays that Tintin is scheduled to play piano (as a paid pianist there) in that Norfolk church. But, anyway, as long as what I think is right for me or for my family, I don't worry what others say...

After two church worship services, we went to Taco Bell in Chesapeake and treated ourselves with Grande meal, tacos (soft and crunchy) and burritos, and sweetened ice tea. Muy bien!












Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

Well, I'm glad and thankful that daughter Tintin arrived safely in D-ville. She has just called to let us know she's there now. Thank you, dear and loving God...

Thank God. Thank you to all who have helped and continue to help and assist our typhoon victims in the central part of The Philippines. Thank you God for our local and international relief/humanitarian aid workers who are there in The Philippines. Thank you to our US government and other nations and organizations for their outpouring of support and financial help for the displaced Filipinos and victims of typhoon Haiyan. A sincere Thank You to our US troops aboard or stationed on the aircraft carrier USS George Washington to help in the relief and rebuilding efforts of the typhoon-ravaged Central Philippines. Kudos and more power to you all, Shipmates! Thank you, Lord, for all the blessings and goodness you have showered US! I pray and continue to pray for goodness and love, freedom and Faith for all of US!

It's sign off time, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Take care and have a blessed and peaceful day, everyone! I pray, May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 11.17.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment