Search This Blog

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Narratives & Photographs

Good Sunday to you all! Rejoice, as we anticipate His coming into our lives again! Hope and pray you're getting prepared and ready to accept Him again. Fyi, today is the 3rd Sunday of Advent (Gaudete Sunday) in the Catholic Church.

Yesterday was a wet, rainy and lazy Saturday. I didn't feel like going out. Neither was my wife Freny. She brought out our Christmas trees and started decorating the house. She's been doing well, actually. Kudos to her creativity. Now, it looks like, this year, it's her turn to "deck the halls." Previous years, I did the decorating, mostly. (Quite honestly, I'm not so much into Christmas decorations nowadays. I feel as if I "graduated" from such work, and I just want a simple Christmas celebration, one that is more on the spiritual, or religious, aspect of commemorating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. Can you blame me if I have such an attitude nowadays?)

This morning, Freny and our daughter Tintin (who's been here for the weekend because of her schedule to play piano in one of the Christian churches in Norfolk), and I participated in the 9:30 Mass at our parish, St. Paul's Catholic. As volunteer Eucharistic Ministers of Holy Communion, Freny and I were scheduled today , Sunday, to distribute the consecrated Host, or The Body of Christ, to our fellow parishioners. Rev. Fr. Gino, or parochial vicar, celebrated the Mass with us. I kinda like Fr. Gino's homily nowadays especially now that he's gotten adjusted or getting used to officiating and finishing the Mass within an hour, compared to his very first time (which took him over an hour) when he was new to the parish as our parochial vicar, months ago.

After the Holy Communion, we left St Paul's for Norfolk because, as I've mentioned, daughter Tintin was the pianist, scheduled today, at a Christian church there. As always the case, we participated in the church worship service there. I always enjoyed Rev. Dan's sermon which is practically interesting and straightforward.

After that church worship service in Norfolk, we decided to go Mexican, or Chipotle. No, we didn't dine in there at the restaurant. We just ordered food to go and ate our food home. Then, Tintin prepared herself and her stuff because she's going back to D-ville. Before 2:30 p.m., she left 757 for D-ville, where she's currently working. (Update: Before six this evening, she called to inform us, she finally arrived there safely.)

Meanwhile, Freny and I did a last minute visit to Navy Exchange Store. Freny, as usual, was in control of the wheels. We cruised along the Western Freeway and had a moment to witness the sunset. (See the colorful photos below.) Btw, at NEX, I bought Freny a couple of pairs of earrings. Also bought son Andrew a Casio watch similar to what I've been wearing casually lately. Freny and I, likewise, stopped by at the Commissary where we bought some groceries.

Now, the photographs...They're ready for the sharing with you, my dear folks and friends. Hope you liked and enjoyed them. As always, I thank you for reading/visiting my blog...




































Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

That's all, folks and friends, for now. Until next time around...Again, thanks for your time. take care and have a peaceful day/night. May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 12.15.2013

1 comment:

  1. Luxer Watches sells authentic brand watches, with some watches listed with a LARGE discount.

    ReplyDelete