Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

On A Cold, Chilly, Rainy Tuesday

Good day to all of us!

It's another rainy, cold and chilly day today, Tuesday, in 757, aka Hampton Roads. I don't know about there in your area, folks and friends, but I just hope that you have a peaceful day and you're doing well as we are. It seems to me that, because the weather is getting colder, with lots of snowfall in some parts of the U.S., winter has arrived so soon in North America, and elsewhere, although it's still considered fall season. Anyway, whatever the weather and season is, what matters most is that we live now, this present moment. We just need to bundle up to keep our body warm, and let our spirit up, especially when the temperature is already below freezing point. Enough of the weather, my friends.

Despite a "yucky" weather, this afternoon, I did go out because I have errands to make. First, I went to Walgreens, particularly in their Photo Kiosk, because I've thought of making prints out of those photos I've taken in the past few months of this year. In addition, I've decided to have sort of personal Christmas cards for some folks, relatives and friends. Hence, I selected a few photos to be included in those cards. Since it takes at least an hour, at least, for the photos be printed out, I told one of the female employees working in the Photo Lab that I would be back. To kill time, I drove to the nearest Hardee's restaurant and had that $5 meal. Btw, the restaurant is just a couple of blocks away from Walgreens. I wanted to go to the bank, too, but I finally decided not to.

While eating my fries and hotdog, and an apple pie, with a medium-size cup of sweetened iced tea, (actually I wanted coffee but one of the employees there said they still have to brew, and that takes time, you know), I saw a lone small bird on the sidewalk by the restaurant. I took a couple of photos of this small bird that was kinda actively hopping from one area to another looking for crumbs or insects, perhaps.

After about forty minutes, I left Hardee's and went back to Walgreens hoping that the photos and cards are ready for pick up. And surely they were. Thank God. Know how much I paid for those printouts and personalized cards? Fifty-five and a couple of cents. Not bad at all. I could have paid more had not for my coupon and store discount. But, wait a minute, I forgot to buy an album for the photos! Well, it's okay. No big deal. I'll find out if we have one at home that's probably been hiding or misplaced somewhere, if we have one. If none, I'll buy one. I don't know when, though. Tomorrow, maybe?

My wife Freny and sis-in-law Rose were already home when I arrived. I showed Freny a copy of the personalized Christmas cards from Walgreens. It has more photos in there than last year's only one, but bigger photo.

And, we did take photos  before they left for their part-time work. Now, my dear folks and friends, are you ready to watch them? Okay, sit back and relax. Enjoy!














Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

This is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around...Thanks, everyone, for reading/visiting my blog. Take care and have a peaceful day/night. May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 12.10.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment