Search This Blog

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thursday's Routine

Good Thursday to all of us! Thank God, we're alive and well...

Today is another day, but similar to yesterday's weather in Hampton Roads---sunny and cold and chilly! It's the cold season, as we all know it. I like it, though. Why do I say so? Because it gives me the opportune time to wear clothes like turtle neck shirts, jackets, coats, and gloves or mittens, hats, ball caps, too. Besides, it offers me the chance to see and scoop up snow again. That is, if we're fortunate to have it in our area. Just white snow. But if it turns to ice, that's a different story. I don't like icy, or slushy, ground/road, if you were to ask me. Believe me when I say I don't want to be out there driving on icy road, unless it's necessary. It's (too) dangerous, as we all know. Safety is our primary concern when we're driving, whatever the weather condition is, btw. On the other hand, I have encountered frost, especially on early mornings, for the past weeks already. I see it on the ground, every time I take a morning walk around my wooden deck in my backyard. But it doesn't stay in that state for so long because when the sun comes up and the environment gets warmer it melts and turns to droplets of water. Enough of that physical change, solid to liquid, in chemistry. I can't compete with my wife Freny with regards to this topic on Chemical and Physical Changes of Matter, etc. She has been teaching Chemistry for, God knows, how many years now.

So, what did we do today, my dear folks and friends? With the season we're in now, we try our best to stay warm, be active, healthy and fit, as long as we're able to! Yes, I did my morning routine. Prayed my rosary. Thanked our Almighty God the Father. Used the restroom. Changed clothes. Took photos. Walked outside, by our deck in our backyard, under a bright sunny sky, but cold and chilly! Brewed then drink my coffee. Ate my homemade ham-turkey sandwich with ketchup. Yeah, that's right, with ketchup! (For a change!) It tasted good. Try it, folks and friends. You'll thank me afterwards. Then, after my "brunch," I prepared bills to be mailed. Aha, bills...Yes, folks, those monthly "technology" and car payment bills, etc.

To the post office, I went...alone, but not lonely, though. After that, guess where I went next? One of my favorite hang outs---@Hardee's in Chesapeake, of course. Last time I went there I bought a gift card of $20, just to avail myself or take advantage of their free 1/3 lb. original thick burger. This afternoon, I had that $5 big bag meal, again. I said again because two days ago, I was there again and I ordered the same meal. I like it. I don't eat the whole meal, though. I always save the other sandwich, usually Hot Ham 'N' Cheese. I just eat the fries and hotdog, and that sweet hot apple pie, with sweetened iced tea, or coffee. I also bought another $5 meal to go for Freny.

While at Hardee's I was able to prepare six personalized Christmas cards which, on my way home, I mailed at the post office. I still have some cards to mail, probably tomorrow or next day. That's about it.

Ow, I forgot to mention that I while I was walking, doing my physical conditioning/stretching, in my backyard, this morning, I did take selfie, using my Windows phone. And shared one photo at a time to Facebook. That's what I did.

Now, the photos you've been tired or delighted to see, I guess. They're here, for the sharing...So, enjoy!
Hope you've picked up or learned something from my post today. Thanks, everyone, for reading/visiting my blog.














Photos (c) 2013 by Chris A. Quilpa

Well, that's it for no, folks and friends. Thanks for keeping me company. Until next time around...Take care and have a peaceful day/night. May God bless US always!-chris a. quilpa, 12.12.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment