Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Dental Visit with a Small Cut

Today, I visited my dentist, or dental hygienist. I have an appointment for dental exam and cleaning at ten this morning, that's why. That periodic dental check up, every six months, you know.

Prior to going to my dental appointment this morning, I tried to shave my mustache before taking a shower (as I usually do). This time, I didn't do it right. Or I was careless, I guess. I had a cut on my upper lip, under my nose. Of course, it bled. I applied pressure with a tissue paper. I know, things happen. It was a stupid of me for being careless. But  was I? Who wants to get hurt? I didn't do it intentionally. In fact, I have had that kind of phobia being hurt, especially when blood is involved. Admittedly, I've got enough of this thing called pain, physically and mentally as well.

I tried to control the bleeding from that cut on my upper lip, just under my nose before taking a shower. But that cut (from a disposable sharp razor) kept on oozing blood! I had to do something because even when I was showering, it continued bleeding. I put a piece of small band-aid with Bacitracin on my cut and applied pressure. Eventually, it stopped. Thanks to God. Gladly there was no bloodstain on the white towel I used to dry my body.

At the Dental Clinic, my assigned dental hygienist noticed obviously what's in my face. I told her about my carelessness (and stupidity). Carelessness, I admit, because I was kinda in a hurry to do my shaving. Anyway, it's done. I'd try to be more careful next time. That's what I'm gonna do. For myself.

Well, this is all for now. Until next time around. Take care and have a good day, everyone! May God bless us all!-chris a. quilpa, 06September2012

No comments:

Post a Comment