Search This Blog

Friday, September 21, 2012

The Water of Life

Good Friday, everyone! BTW, before I proceed, I declare or state that I don't own the videos embedded here on my blog post. They're from YouTube. No copyright infringement intended. I thank YouTube and the uploaders of the videos used here. Thanks also to Google and Blogger, and Facebook and Wikipedia.

This morning, I just finished praying the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, our Heavenly Mother. Here are the Five Sorrowful Mysteries (prayed every and Wednesdays and Fridays): 1) The Agony in the Garden---for true contrition 2) Scourging at the Pillar---for the virtue of purity 3) Crowning with Thorns---for moral courage 4) Carrying of the Cross---for the virtue of patience 5) The Crucifixion---for final perseverance.
Prayer, to me, is just like water that nourishes and gives life, especially my spiritual life. It gives me the courage, energy and strength to live and face life's challenges and uncertainties. It helps me to stay focused on what matters most in my life---foremost is my faith, my family, folks/relatives, and friends. It inspires me to do good in life, for myself and others. It helps me to get connected with the rest of humanity.

Well, speaking of water, the liquid (and solid and gaseous or water vapor) clear chemical substance, made up of 2 atoms/molecules of hydrogen and one oxygen (H2O or HOH), I tell you how beneficial is to me, especially in the morning. I've made it a point to always drink water in the morning, with my medicine, just after I rise up from bed. After an hour or two, maybe, I have my regular BM (bowel movement). That's daily routine for me already. It's proven to be effective for me, as far as I'm concerned.

Now, let's get serious about the wonders of water. Here are some of the many overlooked health benefits of water, according to U.S. News & World Report: 1) Hydration---"We know this seems obvious, but the truth is, your body can't function at its most basic level without ample amounts of water...how will you know when you're running low on H20? According to the Mayo clinic, if you're thirsty, constipated, tired or are producing less urine, you may already be dehydrated." 2) Feeling full---"Drinking a glass or two of water before a meal can help you practice portion control. This is a great tip because many of us, even those who aren't dieting, tend to overeat." 3)Flushing toxins---"Staying properly hydrated is the only way we can effectively purge out bodies of toxins." 4) Staying regular---"This is closely related to flushing toxins...but there are other benefits to having regular bowel movements than ridding the body of pollutants. People with chronic constipation are more likely to experience numerous diseases and conditions, from diabetes to colon cancer." 5) Sweating---" Sweating may be embarrassing sometimes...but it's a necessary function, as it regulates and cools your body temperature. It's a huge boon whenever you're exercising, but if you're not properly hydrated, you won't be able to sweat as much as you need to." 6) Helping in exercise---"Not only does water keep your internal heat gauge in check when you're running laps or shooting hoops, but it also physically assists you while you do those things (and any other physical activity). Water lubricates your joints so you can move easily, and it hydrates your muscles to prevent cramping." 7) No better alternative---'Water has zero calories and a host of benefits...Even if you're not trying to cut calories, swapping water for soda can still have a positive effect on your health. Just look at the ingredient list on almost any brand of cola and you're likely to find chemicals such as phosphoric acid (shown to lower bone density in a study conducted by researchers at Tufts University) and caramel color ( a carcinogenic substance that the Center for Science in the Public Interest tried to persuade the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) to ban)."
Water, anyone? Please, no soda pop for me! Occasionally, yes, but even then I'd always prefer water since I started to get to know more about the health benefits of water. Most of the time, I'd rather choose water over other beverages during mealtime. I do hope you do, too, my dear folks and friends.

Again, I thank YouTube and the uploaders of the videos used here in my blog post today. Likewise, I thank U.S. News & World Report for the information about health benefits of water.

This is all for now. Until next time around. Take care and have a wonderful Friday and weekend, everyone! Thank you. And as always, "May God bless us all!"-chris a. quilpa, 21September2012


No comments:

Post a Comment