Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pictorial Strolling Around the Subdivision

Good Wednesday, everyone! Did you have time to move around? I mean, to do some physical conditioning today? Well, as for me, I did. This morning before eight, when the sun was still rising from the East. What a feeling to be out there, in and around the neighborhood!















Out there in our subdivision, strolling alone...but not lonely, I felt so free breathing fresh air in the morning, enjoying the morning sun, and smelling sweet scents of flowers of bushes and shrubs. Walking on the sidewalk, I witnessed the natural beauty of our environment: the green grass about to be cut by arriving contracted lawn mowing company crew, some clustered palm-size mushrooms on particular area on the ground (I wonder why there are mushrooms grown in the neighborhood!), trees, flowers, the clear, blue sky, sunlight at its infancy, and the man-made pond or lake. I took photos of what I saw and encountered.

Along the way, I saw the arriving yellow school buses with elementary school students, in convoy. Some private cars passed me by, as I continued my pace. As I went on walking at my own pace, I met fellow subdivision residents from different villages walking around, too. We greeted each other,"Good morning!" with a genuine, friendly smile. I had an opportunity to talk to a number of them. I even took pictures and they didn't mind: a woman, probably in her 50s who has a four-year old chihuahua; a young mother pushing a stroller with a one-year old Chase, a white man probably in her late 40s, in jogging pants, with a colored sleeveless shirt, and rubber shoes; and two middle-aged women enjoying their walk in almost synchronicity. Somebody passed me by, a black man jogging, probably in his late 20s or early 30s, possibly an active duty military. I met him again coming back after five minutes that he was out of sight.

Yes, we were all outside, enjoying the sunny but a little breezy weather, trying to keep ourselves healthy. That's the main point of our interaction outside. We're just going around in circles, enjoying the sun and the breeze.

One important thing that I did good this morning for me and for my wife, who does most of maintaining our front and backyard, with help from our young adult daughter Tintin and my sis-in-law Rose. (I couldn't do any heavy lifting or pushing, exerting so much efforts that affect my back. As you know, folks and friends, I have this chronic lower back pain, with DDD/DJD, and sciatica, and fibromyalgia, as a result of having seven invasive procedures on my lower spine/back. That's why I have such physical disability.) I happened to meet and talk to one of the subdivision-contracted lawn maintenance crew in charge of landscaping and mowing grass. And he agreed to do my yard. I didn't mind paying him more than the regular minimum wage. Thanks, Chris (the name of this young black man who did my lawn and backyard today). Thanks, God, for having met this guy. (We agreed he'll work on my yard again next time.) Thank you, Jesus!

Well, this is all for now, my dear folks and friends. Until next time around. Take care and Have a wonderful day, everyone! May God bless us all, always!-chris a. quilpa, 05September2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment