Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jesus in Haiku, Etc.

Good Thursday, everyone! Hope and pray that we're doing well. Thank you, God. And thank you, Jesus!

This morning at about five, I was awaken by the call of the restroom. I had to take a leak or empty my bladder, that is. That's the time that my wife came up to our room from downstairs where she always lounges after dinner, doing her school stuff as a high school Chemistry teacher. She said that she has taken naps or sleeping in between doing or preparing her lesson, etc.

Back to our bedroom, I tried to go back to sleep. But a thought came to mind. While my wife Freny was already in cloud nine, I think, trying to get at least an hour or more sleep before she goes to school, I rose up. I turned on the lampshade on my bedside then grabbed my pen and my Composition Book. Now here's what I've scribbled and am delighted to share it with you, my dear folks and friends...

Jesus in Haiku

You are the reason
a sign of contradiction
you're a catalyst.

You became human
brought love and peace to all men
you saved us from sin.

You transformed the world
fulfilling the Word of God
dying on the Cross.

You're a catalyst
transforming sinners to saints
the reason to hope.

(c) 2012 by chris a. quilpa

I didn't have more to add to the above so I went back to sleep after turning off the light and setting aside my Composition Book. My wife was in  deep slumber already. But at six, I heard our alarm clock-radio always set on NPR and already on, airing news on its Morning Edition co-hosted by Steve Inskeep and Rene Montagne.

Freny didn't rise up 'til probably 6:30 a.m. She has to leave the house for school-work before seven. She has to anticipate traffic on the road, you know. I was informed her first period class starts at 8:05 a.m.? Anyway, I continued snuggling my blanket. You know, this is the beauty of being retired. I don't need to wake up early; I can stay in bed for how long. Not bothered by deadline. Just taking it easy.

Again, I woke up to the call of the restroom. This time it's the real thing, you know. I took the opportunity to pray the rosary, following the one on the video on YouTube. Since it's Thursday today, we have The Luminous Mysteries (I remember the late Pope John Paul II, now Blessed John Paul, added this to the original 3 Mysteries, which are The Glorious Mysteries (prayed on Sundays and Wednesdays), The Sorrowful Mysteries (prayed on Tuesdays and Fridays), and The Joyful Mysteries (prayed on Mondays and Saturdays). Again, these are The Luminous Mysteries: 1) The Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan River 2) The Wedding at Cana 3) The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God 4) The Transfiguration 5) The Institution of the Eucharist.

Embedded in this blog post of mine is this video (from YouTube) on praying the Luminous Mysteries of the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, our Heavenly Mother. No copyright infringement intended. I thank you YouTube and the uploader of the video. Thanks to Google and Blogger, and Facebook, too. I invite you, guys, to pray the rosary, too. Thank you.

Well, this is all for now. Until next time around. Take care and have a wonderful day, everyone! May God bless us all, always!-chris a. quilpa, 20September2012







No comments:

Post a Comment