Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Praying the Rosary, Visiting First Team, and More

Good Tuesday, everyone! BTW, how's the weather in your area? Forecast over here in Hampton Roads is that we'll have a wet and windy weather! Well, my dear folks and friends, let's try to live and enjoy the moment well.

 Before I go on, I have to declare that I don't own the video that I embedded on my blog post today. It's from YouTube. No copyright infringement intended. As always, I thank you, YouTube and the uploader of the video I used here. Thanks also to Google and Blogger, and Facebook.

This morning, prior to using the restroom, in our master's room, I turned on my laptop and logged on to YouTube. With my rosary beads with me, I began praying the rosary, following the video on Youtube. It took me about 20 minutes to finish my rosary. I'm thankful to God that I did.

You ask, why do you still use the video on YouTube when praying the rosary? You know, folks and friends, I'd say that it does help heighten my praying and my meditation.
 
Thank you, Lord, and thank you, Jesus, for the inspiration. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us, sinners, now and at the hour of our death! Amen. What a feeling of peace and relief I have had afterwards!
 

After praying the rosary, I listened to Andrea Boccelli's songs (playlist) on YouTube. With his operatic voice that can be soothing and relieving, in spite of his blindness from (genetic) glaucoma, he's such an inspiration, too. I learned that he has sold over 65 million records.

Before noontime, I went to the automobile service station to have them (auto mechanics or technicians) check that thing (sort of that exclamation point sign) appearing on our van's dashboard. (I've noticed this sign since last Sunday on my way to St. Paul's for that Sunday Mass. I thought it has to be about tire pressure check. Not enough air on them, that is.) It wasn't long after I checked it in at the front desk the that they took care of it immediately. Thanks God that it didn't take long for them to figure or fix it out. My front tires' insufficient air pressure was the culprit or cause. When the young man, who checked our van, explained it to me what's wrong with it, and then handed me the key, telling me that it's taken care of, I asked him how much do I owe him. He said, "nothing!" "Really?" I asked kinda surprised and smiled. "Absolutely," he replied as he went in back to the front desk. Well, I thanked him for fixing the minor problem. FYI, we bought all our four cars there and all the periodic maintenance and/or repairs of our cars are done there.

From the auto dealership/service station, I drove to the nearby Neighborhood Grocery Store where I bought a two pound- bag shrimps (which I had them at the Seafood section steamed and seasoned with Old Bay seasoning). While waiting for my shrimps, I walked around the store and bought milk, two loaves of bread (buy one, get one free offer), two boxes of 8 variety pack doughnut (buy one get one free), ten pieces fried chicken, bananas, and that four-small bottle pack red wine.

Now, guess who I encountered at Neighborhood Grocery Store? That young man who took care of our van, with his girlfriend, or wife maybe. He was carrying the store's grocery basket. "Hey, man!" I said as we crossed path. He smiled and said, "so you're here, too, for your shopping." "Yeah," I answered. I thanked him again for my van. "No problem, man! Anytime," he said as he disappeared with his girlfriend.

Outside at the store's parking lot, it was already drizzling while I was loading my groceries to our van. Rain continued to pour out and was getting stronger as I drove my way home. In ten minutes, I was home, a little wet, of course, for I didn't bring an umbrella with me when I went out this morning. Anyway, my feeling that moment was that I'm hungry. Hence, I had a late lunch, but early dinner. Thanks to God, I was home before I came to find out that we have a thunderstorm watch in effect in Hampton Roads area!

Well, my dear folks and friends, this is all for now. Until next time around. Take care and have a wonderful day, everyone! As always, I pray, May God bless us all! Thank you.-chris a. quilpa, 18September2012



No comments:

Post a Comment