Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2012

A Monday McBreakfast

Good and beautiful Fall day, Monday, everyone! Yeah, the temp is cooler nowadays amidst a bright sunshiny day! Thank you, Almighty God, for all your goodness and blessings to us all!

I don't usually get up that early. But this morning I had to. I went to the nearest DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) office to ask inquiry about something. This is the beauty of being there that early---not many customers or people lining up to be helped! If I were to count, I think there were five or six people, including yours truly, sitting quietly and waiting patiently for their number to be called! In less than ten-fifteen minutes, my number was called. And before I knew it, I was done! Done!

Next, I drove to First Team to have Tintin's car inspected, though it's still pretty much brand new since it has only less than 700 miles on it. Even if I walked in, or I didn't schedule for an appointment, one of the front desk receptionists or support personnel gladly accommodated me. (Somehow, a couple of people there in the reception desks are familiar to me and I to them. ) One thing, I did tell Kevin, the one who checked in our car, about that right passenger mirror that it can't be adjusted to suit the driver's. He noted it on his computer and then let me signed the work order papers. Then, I was told to wait at the waiting area or lounge while my car is serviced. In about thirty minutes, Tintin's "new" car was done. Kevin said that they've adjusted the right passenger mirror.

From First Team, I went to take care of something at the bank that financed one of our cars. You know, I usually go there personally to pay that monthly car payment for one of our older cars. Thanks God, our 2008 van was fully paid! We only have three more cars to pay. Actually, it's just those two new cars that we gave each as graduation gift to our two young adult children when they graduated (from) college. Done.

Well, now, from the bank, I have thought of dropping by at McDonald's. Yeah, why not? I said to myself, I haven't been there for a while. I deserve to treat myself for breakfast there. That's exactly what I did! I had that promo they have: 2 for $3 egg and sausage McMuffin sandwich and a free cup of coffee (good through Sept 23 to 29?). While enjoying my McBreakfast (wow, I didn't know I made this up), I did try to read news articles from a free copy of that regional military newspaper (which was available at that time there). But, of course, I did pray before and after my meal. Felt good, you know. I can't complain. Life is good. Thank you, God. And thank you, Jesus!

Back at home after my McBreakfast, while in our backyard enjoying the beautiful sunshiny Fall weather, I got a call from Sis Betty. In fact, I told her that I was planning to call her but she already did first. Never a dull moment with my sister, each time we talk to each other. We always share that kind of loving sibling relationship. (As you know, we grew up together with our grandparents while in the Philippines.) Anyway, she told me that she and my bro-in-law Dennis are preparing to send a package of some small bags of glutinous rice flour for us to use to bake that sweet desert rice cakes. She mentioned about one of their two grandkids who has just had his well-baby check up immunization. On my part, I related her about our busy schedule lately and Tintin's new job miles away from Hampton Roads. Again, I reminded her of my invitation to come visit us here in the east coast. She said she'd love to come but they're gonna be tied up with their grand Baby Boy for a while. Well, that's understandable, I know.

After my long distance conversation with Sis Betty, I did try to fix that one slat of wood that was missing in our wooden fence. Done.

Well, my dear folks and friends, this is all for now. Until next time around. Thank you for your time with me, via this blog post. Take care and have a wonderful Monday, everyone! May God bless us all!-chris a. quilpa, 24September2012






No comments:

Post a Comment